Anyone running an Inforce WML rifle light?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Looking at getting an Inforce WML Gen 2 because it checks every box I want in a light for a certain gun... but today is the first I have heard of them.

Is anyone here running one?

WML White - INFORCE

Last edited:

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    I run a WML at 12 o’clock on my rifle, works great. Mounting at 12 gives access from both sides and there’s no shadow from the barrel to contend with. Interface is nice, the button has to be pressed in a certain way but I’ve never had a problem activating it if needed. Easy to switch between momentary and constant on with the throw lever on the left hand side.

I cant say much for durability, as I haven’t been too rough on it yet. I know the Gen 1s had some durability issues. The Gen 2s were supposed to correct this, and feedback I’ve read tends to support this assertion. So just make sure you get a gen 2.

Sorry for the sideways picture, but you get the point. :dunno:

View attachment 69249

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    They are excellent. I ran one down near the muzzle of my 45acp ar pistol for many rounds, it got sooty but never melted or showed any signs of wear from being near the muzzle blast. It now lives at 12 o'clock on an ar. I wanted a laser combo on the 45 for hd without corrective lenses so it got a tlr hl with a green laser and a pressure pad. The inforce is a better, lighter, light for a rifle imo.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I have the Haley strategic version which I prefer. It doesn’t have all the electronics as the standard one (click 2x for constant on etc). It just turns on when you press the button and off when you let go. I still only use surefire on duty things, but I use those on my fun guns. I rank them higher than streamlight if that helps.

0950CDD7-F8D8-4E83-B72E-FA591E2AC754.jpg

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I have the Haley strategic version which I prefer. It doesn’t have all the electronics as the standard one (click 2x for constant on etc). It just turns on when you press the button and off when you let go. I still only use surefire on duty things, but I use those on my fun guns. I rank them higher than streamlight if that helps.

View attachment 69256

Oh man. That SBR makes my innards feel all tingly!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I have the Haley strategic version which I prefer. It doesn’t have all the electronics as the standard one (click 2x for constant on etc). It just turns on when you press the button and off when you let go.

Same. I don't think it's bright enough for LE duty use when large outside problems could be an issue, but I use the Haley version on my "in house" gun. I like the simplicity, size, and amount of light.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I’ve had horrible results with several Inforce lights. They are not durable enough, I’ve broken 3. Inforce, to their credit, replaced them all even though it was abuse. I’ve treated my Surefires like red headed step kids, and have only worn out tape switched.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Same. I don't think it's bright enough for LE duty use when large outside problems could be an issue, but I use the Haley version on my "in house" gun. I like the simplicity, size, and amount of light.
    Which wml do you have? 800lumens is on the higher end of compact weapon light illumination. I do see that surefire has a 1500 lumen beast, but wouldn't that negatively affect the user if you are going intermittent? Just wondering, the only experience I have with actually running weapon lights is from shooting utm ammo in the house when the wife is far far away lol.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Which wml do you have? 800lumens is on the higher end of compact weapon light illumination. I do see that surefire has a 1500 lumen beast, but wouldn't that negatively affect the user if you are going intermittent? Just wondering, the only experience I have with actually running weapon lights is from shooting utm ammo in the house when the wife is far far away lol.

The original Haley's were 200 lumen.

Driven by Real-World Low Light Operational Needs. The INFORCE WML HSP was specced by Haley Strategic Partners for tactical low light applications. Running a white light with an upgraded 200 lumens of penetrating light with a tight beam for close- to mid-range applications, the WML HSP also delivers a balanced peripheral light for discernment of the surrounding area.Ergonomic Momentary Only Activation System. Features momentary only digital pressure pad. Its angled activation button is comfortable to operate without interference of wires or tape switches. The integrated patent pending rail clamping system is compact, convenient and secure. Waterproof to 66 feet. Two distinct easy-to-operate lockout systems are incorporated to avoid accidental discharge.
    Specs:
    • 200 Lumen Output
    • 90 Minute Run Time
    • Momentary On Only Activation Switch
    • Waterproof to 66 feet
    • Coyote or Jet Black Polymer Body
    • MIL-STD-810G certified