• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    So Vortex did the release of the new Diamondback tactical FFP series a little different than they have in the past. Typically they would have done this release at shot in January, meaning it was in the works for 2018. This one they kept a lid on it until today, and I get a shipment tomorrow. The backorderlist is filling up for that first shipment, but its still a win to wait 1 week vs 6 months.

This scope will be a budget FFP scope coming in under 400 bucks. The market has been craving a FFP from a quality manufacturer in this price range for quite a few years. I have not laid hands on one yet, but by the spec's it should be a home run.

Diamondback Tactical

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    How does the glass on the Diamondbakc series compare to the Strike Eagle series? I Know these are FFP and I like the EBR2-C reticle, but was curious which is considered the better line of optics in the Vortex line up and if there is really much difference. This might be my top pick now for my 722 PT.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    The strike eagle series is 1 step above the Diamondback series. I would imagine the difference is noticeable, but not a deal breaker. I tend to notice any little difference, so I might be the wrong person to ask.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    The strike eagle series is 1 step above the Diamondback series. I would imagine the difference is noticeable, but not a deal breaker. I tend to notice any little difference, so I might be the wrong person to ask.

Thanks. That is what I thought. When I get one for my Keystone, I'll have to weigh slightly better glass to having the same FFP reticle as my CZ. My diamondback 12X50 binos have decent glass for the price, so maybe these will too.

Top Bottom