• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    I just got this today and first impressions are good.

Very light, sturdy, easy to mount, easy to use features.
    Mounted right to the rail on my sig (first gun available in my safe to try it on)
    Controls are easy to easy to access.

I just bought an atlas bipod (which is amazing quality) and this seems right there with it despite the polymer.
    The bipod is suprisingly light and sturdy considering the aluminum and polymer parts.
    I can't wait to try it out.

Blame my iphone for some of the sideways pics included.

33nbuc1.jpg

r741hu.jpg

125l4i9.jpg

34zzqtt.jpg

2gv3jeq.jpg

2eqdpoi.jpg

8y840z.jpg

20j3bzq.jpg

11904ft.jpg

hwmteo.jpg

2iupcw8.jpg

Last edited:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I have a magpul bipod on a precision based AR-15 and a Rem 700 bolt action. I bought them after breaking a pile of Harris bipods and saw an option at that price range for field use that wasn't an atlas price.

One bipod is mounted to a rail, another mounted to the m-lok on the bottom of the 700 hunter stock. Aside from differences in how they mount, they're identical. Initially it's just different than what I'm used to with Harris swivel types, but the more I use them the more I like the magpul far more. The biggest reason why is that when laying prone with a harris swivel, there's no way to throttle up or down on how much adjust there is, it's just wide open to wobble whatever way. With the Magpul bipod you can loosen or tighten the bipod to the point where you can have it so loose that your rifle falls to one side or the other the moment it's out of balance, or you can tighten that thing down to where it won't budge with every varying level of tension in between. Most of my shooting doesn't have me extending the legs out on the bipods so I can't really speak to that.

Bottom line, I've had nothing but good louck with my magpul bipods so far, and I have zero regrets about buying them. If I had to choose another bipod today between buying a harris or a magpul, I'd buy another magpul hands down. I think they just destroyed Harris bipods and put them out of business.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    i have had nothing but good experience with mine. Its strong, stable, versatile, and lightweight
    I have a magpul bipod on a precision based AR-15 and a Rem 700 bolt action. I bought them after breaking a pile of Harris bipods and saw an option at that price range for field use that wasn't an atlas price.

One bipod is mounted to a rail, another mounted to the m-lok on the bottom of the 700 hunter stock. Aside from differences in how they mount, they're identical. Initially it's just different than what I'm used to with Harris swivel types, but the more I use them the more I like the magpul far more. The biggest reason why is that when laying prone with a harris swivel, there's no way to throttle up or down on how much adjust there is, it's just wide open to wobble whatever way. With the Magpul bipod you can loosen or tighten the bipod to the point where you can have it so loose that your rifle falls to one side or the other the moment it's out of balance, or you can tighten that thing down to where it won't budge with every varying level of tension in between. Most of my shooting doesn't have me extending the legs out on the bipods so I can't really speak to that.

Bottom line, I've had nothing but good louck with my magpul bipods so far, and I have zero regrets about buying them. If I had to choose another bipod today between buying a harris or a magpul, I'd buy another magpul hands down. I think they just destroyed Harris bipods and put them out of business.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Last night I took a few shots with mine again but challenged myself to get a little dirty on uneven terrain. Prone in the snow/grass and I had to extend the legs. Honestly the more I use these magpul bipods the more I really like them. I don't see myself ever going back to a Harris.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I put one on my longrange and its performs as it should. I love my Atlas but for half the price the Magpul wins. Durable, light and easily adjustable. I think Harris and Atlas have seen my last dollar bill.

Top Bottom