• ...and so much more!
  • oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    So here comes another odd question. Any recommendations for an EDC magazine carrier to compliment my PCR-holdin' Crossbreed Supertuck? I'm looking for something to hold a 16-round double stack magazine . I tried one (forgot the brand), but, even with the standard 14-rounder, the magazine digs into my side most uncomfortably. For now, it seems as if the best option for us circumferentially-challenged is in the otherwise empty front left pocket.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    Have you tried carrying a mag OWB? I do so under a T-shirt and it usually conceals very well, and it’s a heck of a lot more comfortable. Kydex pancake options are very low profile and fairly inexpensive. I’ve been trying out the pitbull Tactical UMC and it’s comfortable used OWB (I wouldn’t use it IWB personally, tried and it digs in too much). It’s also nice only having one mag carrier that fits all different mags (m&p shield during the summer, g19 during the winter).

If you absolutely want iwb, crossbreed makes some leather backed mag pouches very similar to your supertuck. Probably would be one of the more comfortable options. If you have a free pocket maybe find a pocket mag holder. Many kydex makers have them.

Also, it’s more than just the carrier. Carrying a gun and mag does require some adjustments to clothing. A sturdy belt is a must. Also might need looser fitting clothing overall. Not necessarily a size up but not skinny jeans. These add comfort in my experience.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Neomag. I just picked one up a week ago to try out for the days I’m being lazy and not carry extra mag and knife weakside IWB. So far I like it. Oh, I carry a Glock 17 round mag with a plus 2.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I have a couple of carriers that attach to my belt and carry horizontally and therefore for me are very comfortable. I carry OWB with a loose t-shirt over the holster already so the mag carrier goes unnoticed as well under the shirt. One I have is a soft pouch from Safariland (wearing it now). The other is Kydex. I can't remember the other brand, but can look it up when I get home.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks for all of the replies, guys. I'm going to try the pouch I bought (Versacarry) one more time as I head out for errands ( it is OWB, BTW). I actually don't think it's the fault of the carrier per se, but the muffin top that overhands it.:( I think that what ends up being the best bet for me will be a mag carrier that sits in the horizontal orientation.

EDIT: I forgot to add that the problem only exists when I am sitting down.

Last edited:

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Thanks for all of the replies, guys. I'm going to try the pouch I bought (Versacarry) one more time as I head out for errands ( it is OWB, BTW). I actually don't think it's the fault of the carrier per se, but the muffin top that overhands it.:( I think that what ends up being the best bet for me will be a mag carrier that sits in the horizontal orientation.

EDIT: I forgot to add that the problem only exists when I am sitting down.

This is exactly why I sought out a horizontal option a few years back. Just too much hanging over :abused:

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Also remember it’s just like carrying the first time IWB, it will take time to get uses to it.

This is still my daily carry set up after 3 1/2 years.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I have a couple of the Blackhawk single pouches for double stack mags. I like them OK. They are meant for OWB carry and are easy to get on and off. They hold the mags very securely but do have a wide profile. They stick out pretty far from the body so they do create a noticeable bulge when I wear them under a t-shirt.

bh_410600cbk_holsters_side.jpg.aspx

I like them a lot though when open carrying with a tucked in shirt, or for training classes.

https://blackhawk.com/products/hols...injection-molded/single-mag-case-double-stack

Top Bottom