Night Vision pairing options for Aimpoint PRO?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    I recently purchased an Aimpoint PRO for my 300 blk pistol. I really like the PRO, and am now considering adding a NV device. The Aimpoint PRO is NV "capable" but what are some decent options for this type of setup? I'm thinking of NV over thermal (thanks hANNAbone for your VERY informational thread).

My end goal is getting this suppressed and shooting 50-150 yards.

What has been your experience and suggestions? Pics are a definite plus!

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    The NV compatible just means the dot will be dim enough that it “shouldn’t” burn a dot into the image intensifier when a nvg device is mounted behind the PRO.

you want to go this route, you are looking at a pvs14... I think the recent bump helmet thread has a picture of a setup like that...

Pvs14 behind a red dot is not an ideal setup but will work if you need it to... you can get used or blem -14s for 1k -1.5k if you shop around.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    As JollyMon stated, the red dots can be used with NV, but a more functional setup would be the PVS-14 with a Dbal, or Mawl-C aiming laser. Aiming lasers will get you more for the money as opposed to a simple red dot. A zeroed IR laser is going to be exponentially superior than an Aimpoint or Eotech ever will.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Here to echo what's already been said.

Getting behind a red dot with a helmet mounted NVG kind of sucks. I do like the COMP style bodies for that task better than the Micro bodied ones. For whatever reason, the Eotech's seem the easiest if you are going to go sans laser.

But the best option without a doubt is an IR aiming device, such as a DBAL or PEQ. Your neck will thank you.

HK Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Bump helmet with a PVS14 and an IR laser (DBAL I2 comes to mind) is the ticket. You really don't even need the Pro. Even if you are a high speed guy, you'll find that it's not easy to sight in an IR laser and it's not easy to use a Pro with a bump helmet and PVS14.

Top Bottom