• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Looking to upgrade the sights on my edc full-size m&p 9 have never had aftermarket sights.

at risk of being ridiculed I handled a steyr with trap sights and loved them.... so I went on a hunt for them and I guess there isn’t a replacement... I found two options

Sales Page Template 1 - SureSight

I like these the best... went to order the nightsight model and looks like they are out of business... would love to find another one like this... if anyone has any secret brands.

next I found these

https://advantagetactical.com

any reason i should not be looking into these sights for a defensive carry pistol.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    IMO, which is worth exactly what you paid for it, those type sights are gimmicks. Solutions looking for a problem.

Your money would be better spent on training and learning to use only the minimum sight picture needed to get hits. This will get you much faster than reinventing the wheel with some funky geometric sights.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    https://ameriglo.com/collections/smith-wesson/sets

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product2_hdns.php?mid=16

I have tried a lot of sights in the past. My go to for aftermarket is Ameriglo or Trijicon. The CAP sights, Trijicon HD, Ameriglo Hackathorns or Spartan Operators will all serve you fine. Basically a high visibility front with some sort of subdued rear sight.

My my guess is you still have the factory white, three dot sights. A less expensive option is to paint the front sight orange or green and the rear sight black. Get rid of those three dots. Or you can just do what I do and take a black sharpie to the rear sights.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I do have 3 white dots my wife just put nail polish in the sights this morning fluorescent up front and black in rear. We will see how it is

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I do have 3 white dots my wife just put nail polish in the sights this morning fluorescent up front and black in rear. We will see how it is

Run those for a while. Take the $150 for new sights and invest in mags, holster, belt, ammo. Don’t get me wrong I like the fancy aftermarket sights but a little color fill goes a long way. Honestly if the gun is sighted in and hitting where I point it I tend to leave it alone. Unless it is a Glock. Plastic Glock dovetail protectors are the devil and need to go immediately.

Top Bottom