Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Info Menu

Shoulder holster options?

Hey guys, Iím looking to find a high quality shoulder holster for a large frame Glock. Any ideas as to makers and models? Iím not opposed to ordering online but if I could go in person and try it on thatís always the best option for me.
    When the sleeping warrior's blood is set a flame, beware the hell he is sure to bring.

User Info Menu

Glaco is usually what I hear recommended. They make quality leather, canít go wrong with them. They have many different options depending on what orientation you want the gun and spare mag(s).

https://www.galcogunleather.com/shou...stems_8_2.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by masterdekoy View Post
    Glaco is usually what I hear recommended. They make quality leather, canít go wrong with them. They have many different options depending on what orientation you want the gun and spare mag(s).

This is what I use ^^^^^^

I have the Miami Classic ll It does not get used very much, the only time I use it is when Iím wearing a suit for weddings and funerals. It is very comfortable, I would recommend getting the double mag pouch. It help distribute the weight on your shoulders.
    Jay/lonehoosier INGOer #14,649

Quote Originally Posted by eldirector View Post
    IF they concealed their contempt as well as they concealed their handgun, it would be a much more meaningful conversation.
    For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by masterdekoy View Post

Yep .... that's the one to chose, OP. I've used mine (Jackass rig) for about a decade, and it's still going strong.
    Ban the fools, not the tools ....... wtburnette

Plinker

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Galco is the best "entry" to mid level shoulder holster IMHO, I really like my Miami Classic rig for my 1911's.

Stay the hell away from Alien Gear they are trash and have always been trash.

If you want a more expensive option alessi probably makes the best rigs money can buy IMHO, only leather makers I like more are 5 Shot Leather or Milt Sparks (my personal favorite) but Alessi is the only one that makes a shoulder rig (they make a kick ass ankle rig too)

https://www.alessigunholsters.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post
    Dude, from what I can tell from your photos, you don't do anything bargin bin.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Interesting comment on the Alien Gear. Can you give a little more detail?

I don't have the shoulder holster but I do have several others for different pistols and they have always been solid. If this is just a shoulder holster deal then I'll scratch them from my "if I ever buy" list.

Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 63PGP View Post
    That looks pretty bulky. I would think you would have to get a new suit or have yours retailored.
    Jay/lonehoosier INGOer #14,649

Quote Originally Posted by eldirector View Post
    IF they concealed their contempt as well as they concealed their handgun, it would be a much more meaningful conversation.
    For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I have a galco Miami classic2 as well. I used it for my xdm and sold that but modified it to work with my cz75b. It is extremely comfortable to wear. I only use it in the winter with jackets. It also works great while driving.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Is this your pistol and holster?

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Crail View Post

Galco is the best "entry" to mid level shoulder holster IMHO, I really like my Miami Classic rig for my 1911's.

Stay the hell away from Alien Gear they are trash and have always been trash.

If you want a more expensive option alessi probably makes the best rigs money can buy IMHO, only leather makers I like more are 5 Shot Leather or Milt Sparks (my personal favorite) but Alessi is the only one that makes a shoulder rig (they make a kick ass ankle rig too)

https://www.alessigunholsters.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast