• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    Hey guys, I’m looking to find a high quality shoulder holster for a large frame Glock. Any ideas as to makers and models? I’m not opposed to ordering online but if I could go in person and try it on that’s always the best option for me.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Glaco is usually what I hear recommended. They make quality leather, can’t go wrong with them. They have many different options depending on what orientation you want the gun and spare mag(s).

https://www.galcogunleather.com/shoulder-holster-systems_8_2.html
    This is what I use ^^^^^^

I have the Miami Classic ll It does not get used very much, the only time I use it is when I’m wearing a suit for weddings and funerals. It is very comfortable, I would recommend getting the double mag pouch. It help distribute the weight on your shoulders.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    nMvPjVvh.jpg

Galco is the best "entry" to mid level shoulder holster IMHO, I really like my Miami Classic rig for my 1911's.

Stay the hell away from Alien Gear they are trash and have always been trash.

If you want a more expensive option alessi probably makes the best rigs money can buy IMHO, only leather makers I like more are 5 Shot Leather or Milt Sparks (my personal favorite) but Alessi is the only one that makes a shoulder rig (they make a kick ass ankle rig too)

https://www.alessigunholsters.com

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    Interesting comment on the Alien Gear. Can you give a little more detail?

I don't have the shoulder holster but I do have several others for different pistols and they have always been solid. If this is just a shoulder holster deal then I'll scratch them from my "if I ever buy" list.

Mike

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I have a galco Miami classic2 as well. I used it for my xdm and sold that but modified it to work with my cz75b. It is extremely comfortable to wear. I only use it in the winter with jackets. It also works great while driving.

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    Is this your pistol and holster?

nMvPjVvh.jpg

Galco is the best "entry" to mid level shoulder holster IMHO, I really like my Miami Classic rig for my 1911's.

Stay the hell away from Alien Gear they are trash and have always been trash.

If you want a more expensive option alessi probably makes the best rigs money can buy IMHO, only leather makers I like more are 5 Shot Leather or Milt Sparks (my personal favorite) but Alessi is the only one that makes a shoulder rig (they make a kick ass ankle rig too)

https://www.alessigunholsters.com

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Another vote for the jackass rig. Got a smoking deal on one for a s&w 3913 that was brand new. After breaking it in it feels like I'm wearing nothing at all under my jackets/sweatshirts.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Hey guys, I’m looking to find a high quality shoulder holster for a large frame Glock. Any ideas as to makers and models? I’m not opposed to ordering online but if I could go in person and try it on that’s always the best option for me.

Try them on if at all possible.
    The Galco classic digs into my shoulders to the point it's not comfortable. (1911) carry
    I need a new shoulder rig as well and I'll probably go back to the Don Hume again. It's got a nice stretch strap between the shoulders that's very comfortable. Down side is that strap has worn out twice on me. I guess nothing is supposed to last forever.
    That shapeshifter rig looks good EXCEPT for the exposed magazines. Like in the reviews the photo was obvious that they would rub. I'll keep an eye out in case they upgrade that mag carrier.

HK Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    As others have said, Galco. That said, I've got one but haven't worn it in years. I'm not a big fan of lasering everyone in the room with my gun under my armpit. I'm also used to a the draw stroke of my belt holster. If the situation is that I can't carry my EDC (big) gun, I run a G26 in a Galco Ankle Glove with an extra mag in my pocket and I don't feel out gunned.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    If the Galco rig feels uncomfortable to you Galco offers optional shoulder straps that are cut with much wider straps over your shoulders. They do help. The most important thing for comfort is to get the rig adjusted properly and having the load balanced out. Most people I see using them have the rig adjusted incorrectly. Belt tie downs help a lot also.

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    Yes , they are , Galco Miami Classic and a Dan Wesson ECO in 45acp, my picture too

Thanks for the response. Still would like to hear why the AG holster is trash. With the overwhelming responses to Galco I'm considering it for a custom Hi Power I have. I would like to know if that picture was new or almost new? You said you don't use it much but how is the leather wearing with time.

Thanks again,

Mike

Top Bottom