• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ws71890

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2018
    New Whiteland
    I have a smith and wesson m&p15. I'm looking at the sig sauer romeo 5 red dot and juliet 4 magnifier combo for a optic. Anyone used this and tell me if it's worth the money and if not what's a good optic that's not going to destroy my bank account.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    If you want 1x and magnification, current mainstream philosophy is to get a LPVO (1-4x, 1-6x, or 1-8x). Red dot and magnifier setups are heavier, and introduce more potential failures on a rifle.

What is your budget? What are your needs and expectations?

My recommendations:
    Lowest budget: Steiner p4xi - well proven 1-4x with a great reticle and illumination. Glass is excellent.
    Increase your budget a bit: Vortex PST II 1-6x gain 2x extra mag with the 1-6. Lots of people successfully using these.
    Have a lot of money: Buy something made at LOW Japan like a Vortex Razor

Mount: Make sure to get a cantilever Mount. And don’t buy Chinese made garbage. Buy something that’s good quality.
    On a budget: check out Warne
    Want the best, but don’t want to spend Geissele money: JP, Badger, AAD, Seekins, or the Vortex branded Seekins
    Have a pile of money to burn: Spuhr, Geissele, or Nightforce

Note: the Steiner can be found for around $400 alone or $450-500 with a quality mount on Botach or some of the other websites. Do not pay retail.

Last edited:

Jmiyake

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2018
    Crown point
    I have a couple of the romeo red dots really nice great price juliet magnifier isnt bad i liked it more than my eotech magnifier combo i had.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I agree with the above comment about sticking to a 1-4/6/8x. Theres some great options out there. My beater has a nikon p223 1-4.5x and for the money, its great. (<$200)

That wasn't the question though. There is mixed reviews with the romeos, but theres a lot of sig haters and optics/gear elitest out there. In my limited experienced they are nice but fov is limited and i found the dot to be fuzzy. At that price range, i would go with the trs25 or wait for the vortex sparc2 or strikefire to be on sale.

Just my :twocents: im just some dude on the internet.

Top Bottom