• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I recently put together a 12" 6.5 Grendel with a SBA3 Tactical stock. I am pretty certain that I want a scope on this and not a RDS. Currently I am pretty much sold on a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x24. Does anyone have any other suggestions or comments? Would any cantilever mount work and provide enough eye relief with the short stock, when shouldered?

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I would say your choices are good. I have several Vortex optics and all are solid performers on the right gun. The exception was a Vortex Viper MRD mounted on a Glock 40 10mm and then a Glock 41 .45 acp. The sight would not hold zero on the Glocks, but works well on my 930 SPX. I figure the reciprocating slide was too much for the Viper.
    All my AR mounts are Cantilever style. I like the Burris PEPR mounts the best. The ability to move the mount forward and back on the receiver should get you any eye relief you need.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    If weight and maneuverability is a concern, the strike eagle is a bit heavy compared to other options. A great choice, just heavy. I would definitely try to hold one side by side with other offerings.

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I decided on a Trijicon TA31RCO for mine. I've used ACOGs before and I like them in spite of their limitations but haven't used this one yet as I'm still waiting on my barrel to come in.

bCADk9Yh.jpg

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I decided on the 1-8x24 Vortex Strike Eagle. I got it from sportoptics.com for $339 and it comes with a free cantilever mount so it was hard to pass up. Thanks everyone.

DC1711

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 9, 2018
    Auburn
    AR/308 power ring Dia.?

I have a Busnell AR/308 and am trying to find the power ring dia. so I can order a throw lever. Bushnell says they don't make one for it so I have to use specialty makers and they all want to know what dia. I need.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I decided on the 1-8x24 Vortex Strike Eagle. I got it from sportoptics.com for $339 and it comes with a free cantilever mount so it was hard to pass up. Thanks everyone.

You know Alan at AA Optics price matches, right? And you support local business and get local support if you ever have any issues. Something to think about for next time.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom