• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • purdue98

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2015
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    Brownells recently held their Cyber Monday sale and I purchased a gunsmithing torque wrench and a front filled rest bag.
    Noticed my credit card was charged twice. After contacting Customer Support to resolve this issue and seeking credit returned for their website error (not a double tap on the submit order button at my end), found out their customer support lacks due diligence or customer support. First order was purchased using the discount code and the second order was a full price charge.
    Once the package arrives (that is package 1 of 2 containing the same product), I can submit for a RMA and then in 10 business day, see the credit back on my account.
    My business with them is now going to be limited, perhaps excluded from any further purchase. Plenty of vendors on the market with better customer support and issue resolution.

In their defense, this is the first time I have had any issues with them but Amazon they are not when it comes to customer support.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I've had great customer service from them. I ordered an optic from them a few months ago that was $400. Fedex lost it, but refused to reimburse me any of the money and basically told me to go pound sand. I then contacted Brownells despite knowing that it wasn't their fault at all. They sent another one out the next morning.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I'm not super thrilled with any CS from Brownells. Slow shipping, I pre ordered a gun once and they told me it wouldn't ship until at least two weeks after they were being released locally. So I cancelled and bought from my LGS.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    I have had nothing but excellent service from Brownell's over 10 years and thousands of dollars in tools, equipment, ammo, etc. They're so good they will physically look on the SHELF to match me lot numbers of bullets from an order placed weeks before and whose bullets I have already tested.

Dude, as busy as they are lately, they don't ship an actual box for a business day or three.

YOU didn't notice it on your bank account or call them until it was out the door...and you think they should let you have the money back before they see the merchandise again?

Nah man, that's on you.

-Nate

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm not super thrilled with any CS from Brownells. Slow shipping...

I like Brownells great specials, but this has been my experience also.

I think they have a special agreement with FedEx (who they shouldn't be dealing with at all after FedEx's NRA debacle.) On higher dollar stuff, their codes often give free shipping, free shipping that is intentionally slow. This intentionally slow shipping has always been FedEx. When you track the shipments, you can see where the package sits or in some cases ships through Indiana to Ohio, then back. :rolleyes:

Brownells has never done anything about this, other than explain "this is the shipping you agreed to at purchase..."

My last order from them was just last week. The package was in Chicago in four days and seven days later I received it. :xmad:

I think it's partially a scam to sell you their Edge plan ($50 a year) that bumps your orders all to two day shipping.

Last edited:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I like Brownells great specials, but this has been my experience also.

I think they have a special agreement with FedEx (who they shouldn't be dealing with at all after FedEx's NRA debacle.) On higher dollar stuff, their codes often give free shipping, free shipping that is intentionally slow. This intentionally slow shipping has always been FedEx. When you track the shipments, you can see where the package sits or in some cases ships through Indiana to Ohio, then back. :rolleyes:

Brownells has never done anything about this, other than explain "this is the shipping you agreed to at purchase..."

My last order from them was just last week. The package was in Chicago in four days and seven days later I received it. :xmad:

I think it's partially a scam to sell you their Edge plan ($50 a year) that bumps your orders all to two day shipping.

I had the same thing happen. My order arrived in Illinois on Thursday morning and sat there until Monday.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    ...and yet. This is a lot of FedEx talk, and notsomuch Brownell's.

I've had the same experiences, and from MANY retailers. Trouble is, the local guy is so good and so personable that I will continue to help support him with some shipments. Call me old fashioned if you want, but he earned some loyalty, same as Brownell's has. He was prepared to go to the wall with his own company over a damaged package one time, going so far as to leave his super's phone number on the slip... dude had never met me, either. He was new on the route.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom