• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kmwaudio

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Hello, I just picked up a wartime commercial Mauser C96 1912-1915. I’ve been looking at reproduction holster / butt stocks and I’m not really sure which one to go with? My pistol is shooter quality so I’m not worried about finding an original stock. The reproductions I’ve seen range from $50-$200. Any idea which one I should go with?
    Thanks, kmwaudio.

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    The two I found available, at a reasonable price are at IMA ($180) and Sarco ($150). I have purchased other items from both and the service was good. Looking at the pictures both have similar holster sets, but I prefer the appearance of the IMA offering. Both butt stocks appear to be made with utility grade wood. Years ago I purchased a restored C96 and its holster was made from very fancy wood.

https://www.ima-usa.com/products/german-wwi-c96-wood-buttstock-holster-set

C96 Mauser Broomhandle Stock & Harness

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've collected a variety of stock holsters, from numbered originals to chinese specials. Other than a little fitting, never had much problem with the repros if any.

Prowler28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I just ordered a repro from IMA and hopefully it will be here by the end of the week. It probably may require minor fitting too.

I chose the IMA offering because after doing some research, it seems it is made by Windlass Steelcrafts, which they had made the butt stock here in USA. I don't want to give the Chinese anymore of my money than they already have.

Top Bottom