• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    Theoretically the human eye is more sensitive to green. However, red has been used so exclusively I think most people are used to it. I think I remember hearing that red was picked because it’s not a natural color, and would stand out against a wider variety of backgrounds. That being said, green reticles don’t blend in. They are still easy to pick up.

In the end, it probably doesn’t matter too much. Just pick a color and practice with it so you are used to the reticle.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I like green crosshairs or targets. It's less in my face. I like red dots. Just my preference. And I have old eyes.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Theoretically the human eye is more sensitive to green. However, red has been used so exclusively I think most people are used to it. I think I remember hearing that red was picked because it’s not a natural color, and would stand out against a wider variety of backgrounds. That being said, green reticles don’t blend in. They are still easy to pick up.

In the end, it probably doesn’t matter too much. Just pick a color and practice with it so you are used to the reticle.

You are right because I agree with you.:):

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I used to have a sight that had both options. I did not like the green.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    You might want to also check out the Razor amg uh-1 for $399. Search on gun deals to find who ships for free and has rebates.

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    i run the same dot on both my rimfire steel guns.
    it's strange, but i prefer the red in the pistol, and green in the rifle, and use different brightness setting for each one....

:dunno:

maybe it's because ive run a red dot in my open USPSA pistol for so long....

:cheers:

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I found the 510C in red for $220 shipped, so I bought that one. If the green turns up close to that I'll buy that on also.

510c has kept zero fine at only 300 rounds so far. It really needs to see 10x more and get bounced around quite a bit more to earn its keep. But I like the thing.

Top Bottom