Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    NOT "The Call Center" wtburnette's Avatar

User Info Menu

I understand the concept of buy once, cry once, but that's a lot of money for a cheap plinker. The low end Weaver I have on my Victory works just fine for me and I'm not planning to use this for competition or anything. Just static plinking at the range, possibly occasionally shooting steel at MCF&G. I was really hoping to keep the expense under $100.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I put a Vortex Venom on my 22/45. I LOVE IT. I do think you can use something much cheaper and be very happy. The Mark IV 22/45 is quickly becoming one of my favorite pistols to shoot.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JoeG1 View Post
    I put a Vortex Venom on my 22/45. I LOVE IT. I do think you can use something much cheaper and be very happy. The Mark IV 22/45 is quickly becoming one of my favorite pistols to shoot.
    I agree, it's a great pistol.

Plinker

User Info Menu

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/53...le-mount-matte

I had one like this, except branded BSA, on my 22/45 for years and never had a problem with it or felt I needed anything better. It even repeated zero on/off so I could shoot irons too. The only reason I swapped it out was to lighten up the gun for my 10yo son. It now has a Weaver Micro Dot like you linked in the original post, and Im not impressed. As soon as he can handle the weight Ill put the 30mm back on.

Besides the Weaver being a bit tricky to zero, I find myself searching for the dot, which is usually off the tiny window. Id guess a small tube like the TRS-25 would be better, since the tube would give some reference for lining it up, but unless size/weight is a factor Id just save the money and go with the 30mm. Midway has a slightly different 30mm BSA for $30 as well.

User Info Menu

Thanks, I'll take a look at that.

User Info Menu

My favorite (and current) setup is a Leupold DPP with the triangle. It's big enough to pick up and shoot fast on steel. And it's a triangle, so if you zero it for the top of the triangle, you have a fine point for shooting accurately.

Big fan of the triangle. I probably won't own another standard circular dot after using.

Also, I'm impressed with the Leupold for designing something relatively thin that doesn't require the optic to be removed from the pistol to replace the battery. I absolutely hate red dots that have to be removed to replace the battery. That's immediately a deal breaker for me.

Reasonable prices on the DPP's too. I think I picked up my last one for $250 when they had a sale. It's duty grade, so it's buy once cry once with these.
    Quote Originally Posted by KG1 View Post
    You are the expert in all things read about on the internet.

User Info Menu

I think that would be one I'd be interested in for a carry gun, but not sure I'd want to spend that much for plinking rimfire. I'll look into it though, thanks.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I have had great success with the Burris fast fire III on my Mk2. Battery life has been great and it is incredibly low profile with the correct mount. I know cost is normally a deal breaker for most folks, but you'd be surprised at how cheap one can be pick one up through INGO classifieds or Ebay.

User Info Menu

I'll have to keep my eye out for a deal, thanks.

User Info Menu

WT .... unti! recently (I just sold the gun), I've had the BSA noted above by 2-Alpha on my Ruger Charger. It's been stellar for four years. I bet that the Tasco branded one for $40 would be the same, and you can't beat the price !

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast