Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

User Info Menu

Thanks for posting and yep, that's pretty much along the lines of my thoughts. I'm going to be standing steel punching paper or ringing steel. Right now I'm using a light/laser combo because it works just fine and I already had it, so I'm out no money. The problem is that I can't break down the gun with the light mounted, so I have to get a red dot of some kind, or just replace the front black out sight with a FO sight. Still thinking under $50 is the way to go. I think I'm going to order something cheap from Amazon and give it a try. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

User Info Menu

Going cheap seems to work well for some folks.
    Never has for me.
    Not rough on my stuff, just am cursed with bad luck.
    TRS25 the cheapest I'd go.
    Had one, worked fine...........but sold it.
    The ol lady has one on her 10/22 (bought with it). Older model, works fine.
    Saw some YT reviews/complaints.......about TRS25 design changes.
    Both of ours were of the older type.

I like the idea of grabbing the Romeo 5 and having it turn on at last brightness setting.
    Suppose hunting that I'd crank it up and leave it for a few hrs.
    So maybe auto on/off is no big deal.
    Just something else to not work?
    Would think not cranking back and forth (brightness knob) to be a plus.

User Info Menu

Ended up pulling the trigger on a TRS-25. If it works it's nice and inexpensive and I've saved myself money I can spend on something else. If not, at least I'll know and will post here to bash it...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wtburnette View Post
    Ended up pulling the trigger on a TRS-25. If it works it's nice and inexpensive and I've saved myself money I can spend on something else. If not, at least I'll know and will post here to bash it...
    You shouldn't have any issues with the TRS-25. That was my go-to red dot for awhile, before they were around the $50 mark though. I had a handful of them and never had an issue. I see Amazon has them for $53. I think you'll be happy with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by patience0830 View Post
    I was just thinking about what the slang term they call artillery men.
    It's Cannon Cocker. . .and wondered if Carlos qualified?
    Carlos the Cannon Cocker has such a nice alliterative ring to it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T-DOGG View Post
    You shouldn't have any issues with the TRS-25. That was my go-to red dot for awhile, before they were around the $50 mark though. I had a handful of them and never had an issue. I see Amazon has them for $53. I think you'll be happy with it.
    I'm hopeful. I've used the Weaver on my Victory and have had no issues with it for ~6 months. I'm hoping I like the TRS-25 as well.

User Info Menu

Well, ironically as well as the TRS-25, I also have the Primary Arms red dot mentioned in the MAC video thanks to T-DOGG...

User Info Menu

I cant imagine the trs 25 giving you any issues. I run one on my sub2000(9mm) and HiPoint 45 carbine. Zero issues on either with well over 1k rounds on the sub and Probably around 5-600 thru the 45 carbine. If it can hold up to the recoil on those, on a 22lr you should be good to go for quite some time

User Info Menu

The good thing is that since I have two red dots coming, one will end up going on my Sub2k

User Info Menu

So, just to revisit, I have shot with the Primary Arms a couple different times now and really like it. The dot on it is much finer than the one on the TRS-25 and I'm loving it. Very accurate and the gun is a blast to shoot with it. I'm fortunate that I bought it used for a much lower price than the retail price though, as I don't think I would have paid $160 - $170 for it.

Pic for the fun of it:

User Info Menu

How does the weight feel on it?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast