Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JHB View Post
    With brightness of the dot being equal the big dot will be easier to pickup. Inside shooting a bullseye match you want a small dot and can get away with less brightness because the room is dark compared to full sun in an open field. Shooting steel or plinking in bright sun a big bright dot works better for me.

The next thing to consider is your eyes. I can get away with a Vortex Venom with a 3 min. dot for an indoor bullseye match but to shoot an outdoor steel match in full sun I need a 12 min. C More.

The old saying of buy once cry once is true do you really want to cheap out on a sight that you use often. You will regret buying a cheap sight longer then the extra money for the better sight.
    I don't want to totally cheap out but the C-More is just more than I am willing to spend. If I knew that I was going t mount it on my pistol and use it for gaming, I would just buy the best. But in all likelihood it will stay on the .22 for my wife to shoot. I took her out again today with a fresh battery and cloudy skies. The dot was easy to pick up.

She was cleaning the Texas star and dropping the plate rack without a miss! She could use what's on it, but I think it's really designed for an airgun and I do like nicer things, lol.

My thinking is put a moderate one on for her and if I get the bug, I'll buy another red dot for mine and upgrade at that point. With a much fun as she is having, I wouldn't leave her without one at this point.
    "If things seem under control, you are just not going fast enough"--Mario Andretti

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gregkl View Post
    I don't want to totally cheap out but the C-More is just more than I am willing to spend. If I knew that I was going t mount it on my pistol and use it for gaming, I would just buy the best. But in all likelihood it will stay on the .22 for my wife to shoot. I took her out again today with a fresh battery and cloudy skies. The dot was easy to pick up.

She was cleaning the Texas star and dropping the plate rack without a miss! She could use what's on it, but I think it's really designed for an airgun and I do like nicer things, lol.

My thinking is put a moderate one on for her and if I get the bug, I'll buy another red dot for mine and upgrade at that point. With a much fun as she is having, I wouldn't leave her without one at this point.
    Sig Romeo5
    Can usually be had for around $120.
    Lots of features and reliable, there's a video of a guy shooting it up close with a shotgun. I've had 4 or 5 on various rifles & pistols. Comes with high (AR height) and low (pretty much everything else) mounts. Long battery life (CR2032). Motion activated, so it turns off after 2 minutes of non-use and back on with motion.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T-DOGG View Post
    Sig Romeo5
    Can usually be had for around $120.
    Lots of features and reliable, there's a video of a guy shooting it up close with a shotgun. I've had 4 or 5 on various rifles & pistols. Comes with high (AR height) and low (pretty much everything else) mounts. Long battery life (CR2032). Motion activated, so it turns off after 2 minutes of non-use and back on with motion.

https://www.primaryarms.com/SaleName...D17_24hrs_Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    Which is why in a post-apocalyptic world, never, ever let screenwriters have any input on security, strategery, or tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinchaser View Post
    Try and comprehend when I post here and LEARN!

Assault is a behavior, not a device.

User Info Menu

I finally got to check some out and have decided on a Vortex Venom 3 MOA red dot. Now I will look for one. It appears new they are $229 everywhere. Does Vortex fix the prices on these?

I'll look around for a better price or wait awhile and see if a used one pops up. Thanks everyone for the input!
    "If things seem under control, you are just not going fast enough"--Mario Andretti

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gregkl View Post
    I finally got to check some out and have decided on a Vortex Venom 3 MOA red dot. Now I will look for one. It appears new they are $229 everywhere. Does Vortex fix the prices on these?

I'll look around for a better price or wait awhile and see if a used one pops up. Thanks everyone for the input!
    Order from Alan, which supports a local company and a great guy at the same time.

https://aaoptics.com/Venom_c_50.html

User Info Menu

i've got 3 cmores, i know you said that you dont want to spend that much, but even on the brightest days, the dot is still bright, and looks perfect

NOW if you want (and i hate chinese copies I.E. ripoffs) i know people who buy the ebay/ali express cmore knock offs (about 40 bucks) they put them on rimfires and their only complaint is that the dot is fuzzy, BUT the cmore dot modules will fit, so 40 for the knock off cmore, plus 50 for the cmore dot module= less than 100 bucks for a "cmore"
    Never too many sigs in your safe!-mike4sigs

JHB
    Plinker

User Info Menu

A C More is only $20.00 more then what he is looking at.

User Info Menu

A C More is only $20.00 more then what he is looking at.
    Where can I find one for $249? I'll check into it.

JHB
    Plinker

User Info Menu

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1008726480?pid=288595

I just received my 2nd in the mail today.

User Info Menu

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1008726480?pid=288595

I just received my 2nd in the mail today.
    Ah, thanks. Not really like the Vortex I'm looking at but I'm sure it's fine. They get good reviews but seem to be more popular with the PCC and rifle crowd. I imagine that has to do with the size of it. I just don't want something that large on my pistol. And I'm looking for 3 MOA, not 8.

The comparable C-Mores are running around $400+.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast