• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I picked up a Ruger Mark IV 22/45 Tactical and would like to get a decent, but hopefully fairly inexpensive red dot for it. I've been using a cheap Weaver red dot on my S&W Victory 22 with no problems, but wanted to see what other options there might be. This is the Weaver red dot I'm using:

https://www.amazon.com/Weaver-Micro-Red-Dot-Sight/dp/B00AU68MD6

I got the idea for the pistol from this MAC video:

[video=youtube;oWI0yydiyzc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWI0yydiyzc&t=1s[/video]

I'll eventually get a DA Mask for it, but right now I'm more worried about optics. I went to the Primary Arms page and there are different versions of the micro dot sight that the video mentioned, plus a lot of other sights. I know next to nothing about pistol red dots, so I thought I'd see what INGO says.

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    I have a C More on a Buckmark . I like the sight but the adjustments are fare from fine it took a bit to get it adjusted. I am talking a 1/4 turn = inches.

My 22/45 has a Vortex Venom. Adjustments are much finer.
    The Ruger is used for Bullseye. The Browning for steel.

Depending what you want to use it for will tell what sight will be better.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    One of my 22s has a bushnell TRS 25. Small, and light weight. But the 20mm tube makes it slower to get on target. My other Ruger 22 has a cheap Tru glo 30mm red dot. I can get on target quicker with that one.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    My wife has an Osprey global red dot on her mark iv 22/45 lite and absolutely loves it. Think we paid $50 or $60 for it at our local gun show

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I have been using the same weaver as you on my Mk3. The best I could come up with as far as a step up would be the vortex offerings. Bushell first strike seems to be a possibility I just haven't heard much about them one way or the other, but at only about $120 it's about $100 cheaper than the vortex.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Thanks for the suggestions. Honestly, if I could find the Weaver in stock somewhere I trust, I'd just buy another one, even though they've gone up in price. I was thinking about possibly buying a TRS-25 for now just to see if it would do until I find something better. It'll more be for plinking at 7 - 10M than anything else. Perhaps steel as well.

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    For steel the bigger the dot the easier it is to pick up. I have an 8 min. on a C More and would like to find a 16 module.

Shollz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    there were good deals on sig romeos before christmas. I put one on my Ruger 9 carbine. Would work well on a plinker

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    What is a good deal and which version of the romeo would work best? I'm really hoping to stay under $150, even less would be better. That's why I'm tempted to try that cheapo TRS-25.

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    One of my 22s has a bushnell TRS 25. Small, and light weight. But the 20mm tube makes it slower to get on target. My other Ruger 22 has a cheap Tru glo 30mm red dot. I can get on target quicker with that one.

i go truglo reflex dots on both my steel challenge guns. i was impressed with them until 2 weeks ago. i noticed the dot on the rifle was turned on, and was dead. installed a new battery and it still wouldnt turn on. i emailed truglo for a RMA over 2 weeks ago, and havent gotten a response yet.
    really not impressed with their customer service right now..:(

:cheers:

diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    I have a bushnell TRS25 on my RUGER CHARGER and very happy with it, I am planning to put one on my T/C ENCORE PISTOL in .223 cal. for coyotes.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I have a burris fastfire II on my S&W model 22a-1, works well minus my astigmatism that warps the dot.

That looks nice, but more money than I was hoping to spend at this point. I may just keep using the laser on it until I can afford something like this or the PA from the video.

LazyAce

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2016
    Indianapolis
    That looks nice, but more money than I was hoping to spend at this point. I may just keep using the laser on it until I can afford something like this or the PA from the video.

I didn't see a mention of budget? What are you trying to keep it under?

EDIT* NVM, I see you mentioned 150.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Yeah, I'd like to keep it under $150 but would prefer less. Right now I can't afford bupkus so was just wanting to get thoughts on what would work for price/performance for a good rimfire red dot.

LazyAce

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I tried sending a DM about moving FastFire within your price range wtburnette, but I got DM blocked. if that's something you're interested in HMU.

Top Bottom