Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Good red dot for rimfire pistol plinking

I picked up a Ruger Mark IV 22/45 Tactical and would like to get a decent, but hopefully fairly inexpensive red dot for it. I've been using a cheap Weaver red dot on my S&W Victory 22 with no problems, but wanted to see what other options there might be. This is the Weaver red dot I'm using:

https://www.amazon.com/Weaver-Micro-.../dp/B00AU68MD6

I got the idea for the pistol from this MAC video:

I'll eventually get a DA Mask for it, but right now I'm more worried about optics. I went to the Primary Arms page and there are different versions of the micro dot sight that the video mentioned, plus a lot of other sights. I know next to nothing about pistol red dots, so I thought I'd see what INGO says.

JHB
    Plinker

User Info Menu

I have a C More on a Buckmark . I like the sight but the adjustments are fare from fine it took a bit to get it adjusted. I am talking a 1/4 turn = inches.

My 22/45 has a Vortex Venom. Adjustments are much finer.
    The Ruger is used for Bullseye. The Browning for steel.

Depending what you want to use it for will tell what sight will be better.

User Info Menu

One of my 22s has a bushnell TRS 25. Small, and light weight. But the 20mm tube makes it slower to get on target. My other Ruger 22 has a cheap Tru glo 30mm red dot. I can get on target quicker with that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    Which is why in a post-apocalyptic world, never, ever let screenwriters have any input on security, strategery, or tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinchaser View Post
    Try and comprehend when I post here and LEARN!

Assault is a behavior, not a device.

User Info Menu

My wife has an Osprey global red dot on her mark iv 22/45 lite and absolutely loves it. Think we paid $50 or $60 for it at our local gun show

User Info Menu

I have been using the same weaver as you on my Mk3. The best I could come up with as far as a step up would be the vortex offerings. Bushell first strike seems to be a possibility I just haven't heard much about them one way or the other, but at only about $120 it's about $100 cheaper than the vortex.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the suggestions. Honestly, if I could find the Weaver in stock somewhere I trust, I'd just buy another one, even though they've gone up in price. I was thinking about possibly buying a TRS-25 for now just to see if it would do until I find something better. It'll more be for plinking at 7 - 10M than anything else. Perhaps steel as well.

JHB
    Plinker

User Info Menu

For steel the bigger the dot the easier it is to pick up. I have an 8 min. on a C More and would like to find a 16 module.

Plinker

User Info Menu

there were good deals on sig romeos before christmas. I put one on my Ruger 9 carbine. Would work well on a plinker

User Info Menu

What is a good deal and which version of the romeo would work best? I'm really hoping to stay under $150, even less would be better. That's why I'm tempted to try that cheapo TRS-25.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nipprdog View Post
    One of my 22s has a bushnell TRS 25. Small, and light weight. But the 20mm tube makes it slower to get on target. My other Ruger 22 has a cheap Tru glo 30mm red dot. I can get on target quicker with that one.
    i go truglo reflex dots on both my steel challenge guns. i was impressed with them until 2 weeks ago. i noticed the dot on the rifle was turned on, and was dead. installed a new battery and it still wouldnt turn on. i emailed truglo for a RMA over 2 weeks ago, and havent gotten a response yet.
    really not impressed with their customer service right now..

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast