• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Our dogs seem to enjoy taking turns disappearing when we let them out at night. I don't currently have a light capable of lighting things up to the back of my property well enough so I'm going to start looking for something that can. I'd prefer to have something rechargeable that I can leave plugged in on the back porch. I'm not concerned with size, don't need anything in a tiny package or anything, just concerned about brightness and how far it'll throw.

Any have experience with something that fits this criteria that they'd recommend?

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Actually just have a Stanley-brand USB rechargeable pistol grip LED spotlight.

Nothing special, but it does send a beam probably 300m. Narrow coverage, but that's the tradeoff.

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    I have a Stanley Fat max that I use for the same .........It does shoot a beam quite a distance . Pretty impressed for the price and holds a good charge plus decent run time .
    https://www.amazon.com/STANLEY-FL5W10-Waterproof-Rechargeable-Spotlight/dp/B003UVCY00/ref=asc_df_B003UVCY00/?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid={creative}&hvpos={adposition}&hvnetw=o&hvrand={random}&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl={devicemodel}&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584482455548876&psc=1

Not sure how to shorten the link

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    A buddy bought me this one. He picked a couple up on line. It's LED, runs on 4 AA batteries. I just tried it out, with the original batteries that are over 3 years old. Still worked, but was getting pretty dim.
    It will light up my backstop at 150 yards easily.

B4914237-36E8-49A3-9159-4A50E90E5CFF_zpshzpbhvtv.jpg

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    If you have any military batteries or adapter I have a surefire hellfighter (the spotlight mounted to a minigun). It’ll melt your face and it’s pretty compact.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    We have one of the illuminated collars which we put on the runner and she still manages to evaporate from time to time.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    My basic pistol grip rechargeable LED light that I use to track should work pretty well. Lots of variations for sale out there, one of those good things to have living rural.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    This barn is about 100 yards off and the light clearly illuminates the interior although it’s hard to tell in the photograph. I can easily spot deer at 200+ yards, Maybe more. I have a lot of trees don’t know the full range of the light.

xR2c20W.jpg

This is the light:

alR5oku.jpg

I picked it up at Home Depot during a post hurricane sale for about 20 bucks, and it came with a little brother flashlight. Not rechargeable, takes 3X C cells, but throws out a hell of a light beam. The head has a zoom focus on it, and when you crank it down for distance the resulting light pattern is square, which is kind of interesting.

I keep this one by the back door specifically for spotting stuff on my property, Going out to check the horse in the dark, that sort of thing. If I had known how good it was I would’ve bought three or four of these.

Top Bottom