• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I have been using the BioBelt everyday for a few years now. I haven't had any complaints, been pretty satisfied with it. I'd like to get a brown belt now. But, I'm tempted to try out a leather belt. I don't know why, just feel the need. I know that in the past, the belts from The BeltMan was highly recommended.

Has anyone had both? How do they compare? And between the 2, are the sizes similar? Would I be able to just order the same size as my BioBelt?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I don't really like the brown color of the Bio Belt, so all of my brown gun belts are leather.

Can't speak to belts from The Belt Man, but I do own both a Bio Belt (black) and a bull hide leather belt from Daltech Force (brown). I have no complaints about the bull hide belt. It's held up well in the year I've owned it, and I wear it much more than the black Bio Belt honestly, because I rarely dress up enough to require a black belt. I'm wearing it right now. It's looks great and is versatile enough to wear with dressier clothes, but also casual enough that it doesn't look odd with jeans and a t-shirt.

The leather on the bull belt does show some scratches from taking my paddle holster on and off, but the scratches are much less visible than what I have on my old 5.11 belts. Plus, if you're using wings to feed the belt through the holster rather than clips, then scratching shouldn't be an issue.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I don’t even see a brown biobelt on their site. I know they used to make them.

They have the bull belt. It’s leather, and 1/4” thick.

Not sure how thick the Beltman belts are yet.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I don’t even see a brown biobelt on their site. I know they used to make them.

They have the bull belt. It’s leather, and 1/4” thick.

Not sure how thick the Beltman belts are yet.

You're right. It looks like the brown version of the bio belt is gone. I'm 99% certain they used to have one.

The only option for brown is the tactical version, which is a coyote brown.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    You're right. It looks like the brown version of the bio belt is gone. I'm 99% certain they used to have one.

The only option for brown is the tactical version, which is a coyote brown.

They did. And TBH, they looked kind of hideous on the website. I wonder if demand was really low or returns were high, etc. Looks like they may have been discontinued.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    ...and a bull hide leather belt from Daltech Force (brown). I have no complaints about the bull hide belt. It's held up well in the year I've owned it, and I wear it much more than the black Bio Belt honestly, because I rarely dress up enough to require a black belt. I'm wearing it right now. It's looks great and is versatile enough to wear with dressier clothes, but also casual enough that it doesn't look odd with jeans and a t-shirt.

The leather on the bull belt does show some scratches from taking my paddle holster on and off, but the scratches are much less visible than what I have on my old 5.11 belts. Plus, if you're using wings to feed the belt through the holster rather than clips, then scratching shouldn't be an issue.

I'm wearing the Daltech brown belt. Nice and thick.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I've had both. My use is exclusively with jeans which is what I wear 95% of the time. I wore the Beltman belt for six or seven years. It started to have a "sag" or curve to it after awhile so I started looking for something else and ended up finding Daltechforce due to posts here in INGO. The Beltman also started to lose its coloring and started to look "blotchy" and faded in spots after a few years. The Daltechforce belt I have is the steel core version so it's thicker than what you're looking at, but I'm guessing the leather part will be the same. I've been wearing this one for about three years and it looks and functions great. I carry a G17 with TLR-1 light OWB. I've liked this one enough that when Daltechforce had a sale awhile back I went ahead and bought another one to keep on the shelf as an eventual replacement should the one I'm using wear out.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I've had the Beltman for about 10 years now. It has a small curve in it, but it's still stiff. The Daltech leather belt is cheaper. I like the way my iwb clips fit on the beltman, mine is the 1.5"
    I think the 3/4" hole spacing would be nice on the Daltech belts

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I am currently wearing a BeltMan purchased in 2009. It is no longer worn daily as I own 5 of their belts. My favorite color is their cordovan. Will the belt show wear? Of course it will. My belts, guns, holsters all show wear.

alc1985

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Burns Harbor by the Dunes
    I have had a black Beltman belt for seven years and it is showing some wear and has some curve to it. I wanted a brown belt so in June I had my daughter get me a Daltech for my birthday. I'm not happy with the Daltech, it started to curve for the first time I wore it. Its not as stiff as the beltman. It shows marks from the plastic clips on my Perry suspenders.
    To be fair the Beltman is two ply and the Deltech is one ply. Lesson learned, get a two ply belt if you carry. A one ply belt is just that a one ply belt no matter who you buy if from.

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    I cannot help you with the difference between Bi Belt and Beltman. But I have had Daltech Force bio edc belt for several years and it has been better than great I work construction and the sweat and the wear it gets is hard on any belt but it has lasted very well.
    I have looked at Deltech’s bullbelt in distressed bison steel core belt for a year or so. They had them on sale at Christmas time and I bought one, it is outstanding just perfect well maybe not perfect but is great. Looks really good and is very thick and does not sag at all. I wear it during competition matches carrying a full-size steel guns.

Top Bottom