• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I am thinking of trying again to carry my Shield IWB. I switched to OWB because I could not get comfortable with IWB. I'm not sure, but it could have been the holster.

So this time around I want to try something that has 1 clip and just enough Kydex to make the holster. I would like some adjustability if possible.

I'd prefer not to spend a bunch but will spend if it really is that much better.

I keep seeing ads for We The People, Redline and similar others. Anyone have knowledge with some of these "new kids on the block"?

AdventureTeamJoe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 10, 2018
    Indy Northside
    No specific knowledge of the companies you mention but will throw my hat in the ring for Concealment Express. Have their IWB holsters for my Shield 9 and .45. Simple, well made and relatively cost effective.....about $40 including shipping. Fit is excellent. Single clip you're looking for although I've not experimented with adjustments. Comfortable at appendix or 3:30-4:30 strong side.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Thanks so far. I can't believe how many companies are now making these types of holsters. There must be something in the water in Texas. I think I have found 4 or 5 so far that all make basically the same minimalist holster and make the same claims.

The only one that I see that is somewhat different is the Ultimate Klipt. It has the clip on the trigger guard where the others have it on the side of the firearm.

What do you think would be the difference when wearing the two different types?

Needmorammo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Columbus
    Personally, for comfort I like the two clip holsters. I prefer Black Arch Holsters, or Stealthgear Holsters. They distribute the weight better but are around $100.00 each. They also are difficult to put on without unbuttoning your pants. For easy on and off (such as removing to enter GFZs such as post office, etc. ), I Use a single clip holster by Foxx Holsters called the Little Foxx. It has the kydex shell with leather backing. They also have the kydex only shell that is so popular. The leather backing is just so much more comfortable to me after having 5 back and neck surgeries. The last Foxx holsters I ordered were around $39.00 free shipping and arrived in less than a week. YMMV

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    IWB. You will want pants 1 size larger or with an expandable wasteband. Most comfortable IWB I have found are the Mtac from CompTac.

I still find OWB more comfy though.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    IWB. You will want pants 1 size larger or with an expandable wasteband. Most comfortable IWB I have found are the Mtac from CompTac.

I still find OWB more comfy though.

That's what I was afraid of as I have been looking. I won't do the larger pants size. I don't have enough meat for my pants to hang onto when I'm not carrying.:)

I might have to stick withmy leather owb or maybe look for a clipped one that I can remove easier.

I like my current holster, it's an ETW and it fits good and is comfortable. The only issues I have is that I have to remove my belt to get it off and the bottom some times shows from under some of my shirts.

BTW, I really liked BTB. Nice shop, nice guys.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    That's what I was afraid of as I have been looking. I won't do the larger pants size. I don't have enough meat for my pants to hang onto when I'm not carrying.:)

I might have to stick withmy leather owb or maybe look for a clipped one that I can remove easier.

I like my current holster, it's an ETW and it fits good and is comfortable. The only issues I have is that I have to remove my belt to get it off and the bottom some times shows from under some of my shirts.

BTW, I really liked BTB. Nice shop, nice guys.

I have dedicated pants for carrying IWB and normal pants for either OWB or going gunless. If you want something OWB that's clip on look at kydex holsters that use speed clips made by multi holsters. Lot's of companies are use them now but I always recommended Multi to people whenever someone wanted something that I wasn't set up to do. He's one of the biggest mold makers for the kydex community and the knowledge of knowing how to set the molds up properly translates into an awesome holster.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Lol. That's even too minimal for me!
    Its actually a very good and well made holster. I have the full kit with the additional wing claw, and it is very secure, and disappears under a T-shirt with a G-19 w/RMR. If it still scares you, look at the SOB (Sheriff of Baghdad) Condom.

2-Alpha

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2018
    Indianapolis area
    IWB. You will want pants 1 size larger or with an expandable wasteband
    I've never changed pants size when going with/without the IWB, just different holes in the belt. But I wouldn't consider my pants tight enough to wear without a belt. And I've got a bit of "squish" in the beltline to work with when I add the gun.

I carry my Shield in a tuckable IWB made by INGO member slowhand. It has the belt clip positioned over the trigger guard so it doesn't add any to the thickness. (The thickest point inside the belt is the slide + 2 layers of kydex.) The J-clip allows it to move a little bit more than I'd really like (tips forward/back slightly), but I've never had it pull out with the draw. If you don't need it tuckable there are probably more secure clips to choose from.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    You could always try a sticky holster. They are cheap enough just to try and you can always use them in a range bag or on the night stand. Downside is no reholstering without removing the holster because it closes on itself. Also no clips. But they do work for what they are and you could cram them in your skinny jeans. A good belt really helps hold the gun in place.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    IWB. You will want pants 1 size larger or with an expandable wasteband. ….

^^ This.

That's what I was afraid of as I have been looking. I won't do the larger pants size. I don't have enough meat for my pants to hang onto when I'm not carrying...

Other options to consider: suspenders, expandable waistband pants, different pants for carry/non-carry.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    You could always try a sticky holster. They are cheap enough just to try and you can always use them in a range bag or on the night stand. Downside is no reholstering without removing the holster because it closes on itself. Also no clips. But they do work for what they are and you could cram them in your skinny jeans. A good belt really helps hold the gun in place.

Those look interesting.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I've never changed pants size when going with/without the IWB, just different holes in the belt. But I wouldn't consider my pants tight enough to wear without a belt. And I've got a bit of "squish" in the beltline to work with when I add the gun.

Same here. Never a problem, but I do wear a belt (Daltech SuperBio Belt) all the time.

My carry holster is not minimal, but it is extremely comfortable. I use a Galco King Tuk hybrid and have one specifically fit to any carry guns I have (Shield, M&P Compact 2.0, Glock 19, Glock 43, etc).
    IMO best worn anywhere between about 4:30 and 5:30 or so. Spreads out the weight and it's like the pistol isn't even there generally with a good belt. Same setup whether it's jeans or cargo shorts or whatever that day. Can be easily removed and unclipped from the belt without removing pants, etc. Hands down my favorite holster.

elkhunter2018

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2019
    Indianapolis
    I love my aliengear for my shield. I use it on multiple spots on my belt, depending on if I'm riding in the car for a while or doing something more active. I can always find a comfortable spot to wear it.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    So I bought a Sticky holster. It will work fine for sticking the car, backpack, range bag but I discovered that it doesn't matter what kind of holster I get, it isn't going IWB, lol.

I'll stick with OWB and if it shows, oh well. If I buy a larger pistol I'll look for some kind of high ride holster.

Top Bottom