• ...and so much more!
  • MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Wow, ironically, I just picked up a set from my optometrist. He raised the bifocal line, and set the lower part to focus at just beyond arms length.

He is very interested in how they work for me, and wants me to give him a range report when I try them out. He is positive that the 40 degree weather Saturday will be just right for shooting. ;)

He is also someone who truly enjoys his work and profession, and was very happy to craft a solution when I described what I was needing them for.

trebor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Rville
    I had my eye doc put a lens in right side so I could focus on the front sight with my dominant eye .
    The left eye lens is set up for distance .

trebor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Rville
    I forgot to mention that the lens are Rudy Project shooting glasses with 4 different tinted lens and Rx insert .

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I have contacts, so I use Oakley Shooting glasses exclusively, but I also have Oakley script eyeglasses, and a pair of prescription Oakley shooting glasses. Oakley is the gold standard for protection, and optical clarity. Yep, they cost more than Walmart shooting glasses, but there is a reason for that.

trebor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Rville
    My Rudy shooting glasses work great outdoors with the red tinted lens since I'm red / green color blind.
    Not so well for indoor range matches.

trebor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Rville
    For my indoor matches I have old set of Gilmore shooting glasses I received in a shooter bag at the 1992 Bainchi Cup.
    They were my first set of multi distance len glasses.

trebor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Rville
    Due to the low light in an indoor range I found if I removed the dominant eye len
    I can still focus on the front sight and with the left eye len for distances
    I can see the scoreing rings at 25 yards.

jakeep

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Plainfield
    I brought my pistol in and we worked on my prescription to where I could see front site on pistol and as good as we could at distance.

Really helped my indoor and they auto tint for daytime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    since were on the subject of prescription shooting glasses, any optometrists in the merrillville / crown point area that actually understand what the challenges are for USPSA and steel challenge shooters? that last 2 or 3 that i went to couldnt understand the whole concept of being able to see near and far at the same time...

:cheers:

E7Wrangler

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2016
    Central
    Anyone willing to recommend a good optometrist that understands the needs of shooters? Would really like to find one that is a shooter. Ready to get my first pair of dedicated shooting glasses made, willing to spend some bucks but don't want to waste them.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    I do. I had my eye doctor make me a set of what he calls his "electricians glasses". They have a bifocal on top & bottom.
    These are known as "double d's" in the industry. "D-segs" are the standard bifocal shape and since this particular lens has one on top and one below they are known as double d's. Masons, Painters, Electrician, Pharmacists, and Mechanics can benefit from this style lens. The lens is not too common but still available. Don't expect all of the latest add-ons to this lens due to this fact.

blkrifle

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    terre haute
    Anyone willing to recommend a good optometrist that understands the needs of shooters? Would really like to find one that is a shooter. Ready to get my first pair of dedicated shooting glasses made, willing to spend some bucks but don't want to waste them.

talk to Bryon at Hunters HD Gold

he will be at Area 5 Steel Challenge June 28-30. Has all his stuff to try on and loans to shooters who don't have to have a script.

Top Bottom