• ...and so much more!
  • Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I've been thinking of picking up a Surefire 628 light body MP5 handguard from Gatewood Supply. They have them for $85 used (scuffed but functional). They don't come with the light head portion however. Now, Gateway also sells the 628 light head used for about $80. Then I would need to replace the bulb with an led one, since the old incandescent are usually pretty dim (and generally suck). I upgraded the Surefire on my Beneli M1 (also a police trade in) with a Malkoff LED and it works great, has held up even with rapid firing heavy buckshot rounds.

But, back to my point, I'm wondering if there are any Surefire weaponlight clones that have light heads that would fit the Surefire 628 body. If I'm going to be replacing the bulbs anyway with an aftermarket LED, I don't know why I should spend $80 just to get the head assembly, if I can get one for $20.

There are tons of Surefire look-a-likes out there, but I don't know if any of them have matching threading.

Last edited:

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Duh, I actually just answered my own question, at least in part.

Turns out Malkoff, the same company that made the drop in LED upgrade I used on my Benelli, also make full up light assemblies (both single and double battery) for the Surefire fore ends. They aren't super cheap at $100, but since that includes the LED bulb too, it's definitely still cheaper than buying a used Surefire assembly and then buying an LED upgrade for it.

https://malkoff-devices.myshopify.c...malkoff-mdsffe-2-forend-light-to-fit-surefire

Top Bottom