Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by seedubs1 View Post
    Read my sig line. I think we know who's right

But seriously, this is an example of it being awesome that there are so many great choices. It keeps the world from being boring. And honestly, there's no wrong choice between Hammy and Seiko - just personal preference. If you're into borring field watches, you get the Hammy. If you're into cool dive watches, you get the Seiko.
    Your Sig line reminds me of a quote
    Well you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Time View Post
    Well grand seiko isnt even the same thing as a seiko

Sorry, but Presage, Prospex, 5, GS, etc.....they're all Seikos. Just different levels, lines, etc... But certainly all are Seiko. Including GS.
    Quote Originally Posted by KG1 View Post
    You are the expert in all things read about on the internet.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    Your Sig line reminds me of a quote
    Well you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!
    He's oppressing me. You saw him!

User Info Menu

Is that a flighty? Thats a classic and one i would own. Very nice
    Yes it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    Nice, but I’d think you’d want to get a new crystal at some point?
    I probably should but I see the wear as part of it's character and I have no problems seeing the dial.
    Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Well....uh.......I got nothing man.
    The Constitution: It doesn’t need to be rewritten; it needs to be reread.
    INGO # 23,621

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by indygunguy View Post
    I recently found in a box of old family stuff and Hamilton pocket watch that my Great Grandmother gave my Great Grandfather in 1926. - I know that because the names and date are very nicely inscribed. I'll try to remember to take some pics of it and post them up here tonight.
    My grandfather on my mom's side owned a Ball 18 size 21 jewel - he was a coke plant manager for Republic steel and dealt with railroad deliveries, so he needed a suitable watch. Going to my oldest son.
    My paternal grandfather had a hunter 16 size 15 jewel Elgin with a date in 1920 engraved. Going to my oldest daughter.
    My mom's uncle got a 21 jewel diamond end stone 14 size Hallmark (Illinois) from the Knights of St. John. Going to the second daughter.
    Youngest gets the choice of the rest.
    Rights are only as secure as the ability to wield sufficient force to defend them. - J. Neil Schulman

“There's nothing wrong with the country a bad recession couldn't fix.” - Irving Kristol

"He's not a tame lion..."

1 Samuel 13:19

Psalm 149:6

User Info Menu

Sorry, but Presage, Prospex, 5, GS, etc.....they're all Seikos. Just different levels, lines, etc... But certainly all are Seiko. Including GS.
    Ok I figured you would understand my short statement since you love seiko. GS isnt on the same level as seiko. Its like having a production pistol vs a custom shop handmade pistol. Not the same gun but can be the same company. But thats why they name them Grand Seiko. If im going to spend $5k on a watch its going to be a rolex, omega, panerai. But thats back to what you said, so many choices for different tastes. The consumer can have anything in the watch world the sky is the limit.
    Last edited by Trigger Time; 03-08-2019 at 14:29.
    CASH 4 GUITARS & AMPS. Fender & Gibson. PM me.
    NRA Patron Life Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine View Post
    This thread is interesting. I have never been a watch guy. Used to wear a cheap timex, then I just stopped wearing one when I bought my first smart phone. I picked up a Fitbit charge 2 1.5 years ago. Been wearing that a lot. But now I have been wanting an Apple Watch, or even one of the new Fitbit smart watches.

There’s some very nice watches in this thread, which I’ll never be able to buy. But I enjoy looking at them.
    I wear a cheap timex i got at walmart sometimes. I just love watches. I would probably love smart watches if i knew how to use them. I can barely use my phone or tablet half the time. Just not a tech guy. If i had someone teach me how to use them I may be more into them. Same with watches though. A lot of people dont know how to use all of the complications on their watch but they enjoy the styling or them artistically or historically, maybe mechanically. Different strokes for different folks. One day you may see that "one" watch that sets you on a watch path. I had that happen with me and rolex. I had an old rolex but not anything soecial until i saw one on a fellow ingoers wrist. I fell in love. Within eh a month or so I had one and then went full retard. I'm in love with them. But i was always a watch collector. I was meeting him to buy a watch off him LOL
    NRA Patron Life Member

User Info Menu

Ok I figured you would understand my short statement since you love seiko. GS isnt on the same level as seiko. Its like having a production pistol vs a custom shop handmade pistol. Not the same gun but can be the same company. But thats why they name them Grand Seiko. If im going to spend $5k on a watch its going to be a rolex, omega, panerai. But thats back to what you said, so many choices for different tastes. The consumer can have anything in the watch world the sky is the limit.
    And that is why I like Seiko so much. They are capable of making watches that exceed Rolex and Omega in terms of fit and finish for comparable prices. And they also make watches for the common man that are affordable and are a good bang for the buck. They may not be your style, but the company itself is of huge horological significance and is capable of making VERY high end watches. There aren't many out there anymore that literally make EVERYTHING in house (in house design and engineering, movements, etc... everything).

User Info Menu

In the mid 1980s I had a watch with a scientific calculator built into it. That was awesome, but it didn't last very long under regular use.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

User Info Menu

And that is why I like Seiko so much. They are capable of making watches that exceed Rolex and Omega in terms of fit and finish for comparable prices. And they also make watches for the common man that are affordable and are a good bang for the buck. They may not be your style, but the company itself is of huge horological significance and is capable of making VERY high end watches. There aren't many out there anymore that literally make EVERYTHING in house (in house design and engineering, movements, etc... everything).
    If you say so. I haven't found that and like I said above I've owned seikos too still do.
    One of the reasons I enjoy Rolex is all of the in house stuff they do. They even have their own refinery to melt their own gold, and a proprietary steel they use in their watches. Rolex movements, well best in the world. Rolex are watches for the common man as well. I bet they sell more watches to the common man wanting to buy one for a special occasion than to the super rich. Rolex watches are not even close to being the most expensive luxury watch brand. Not by a country mile.

But hey its just like with guns. Some dude is always going to think his Anderson is better or the same as a BCM or LMT. No one was trying to put down his rifle until he wanted to compare.
    NRA Patron Life Member

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast