Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    In the mid 1980s I had a watch with a scientific calculator built into it. That was awesome, but it didn't last very long under regular use.
    Nerd!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    I think I want the least expensive yet reasonably reliable, durable, and accurate fully mechanical watch I can get.

What are my options?
    Too numerous to count.

Lots of "microbrand" companies designing cool watches, farming out case manufacturing to China, slapping a Citizen, Seiko, or even and ETA movement in them, a sapphire crystal, and selling for under $500.

Of those, the only one I personally own is a Deep Blue. It's been great so far.
    Necessity is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvain View Post
    Nerd!

I CAN'T ARGUE WITH THE TRUTH!

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

Plinker

User Info Menu

The one I wear the most is a Citizen Eco-Drive - has been running for 9 years now with no issues. Have a few automatics including a 1960s vintage Zodiac Sea Wolf which belonged to my father.

User Info Menu

20A6FC49-DACA-4456-9F4F-227B803B235B.jpg

So as many have probably read I really enjoy historical and “movie” watches, Hamilton in the next few months is releasing the Interstellar Watch as a special edition limited to ~2,500 pieces or so, I am thinking I will try to snag one!
    Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post
    Dude, from what I can tell from your photos, you don't do anything bargin bin.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Crail View Post

So as many have probably read I really enjoy historical and “movie” watches, Hamilton in the next few months is releasing the Interstellar Watch as a special edition limited to ~2,500 pieces or so, I am thinking I will try to snag one!
    The "Murph" field watch? IIRC it's 42mm. That's a crazy large field watch. Looks like a dinner plate on most people's wrists. They should have kept it at 38-40mm.

Cool design though. Too bad I'm not big enough to pull off a 42mm field watch (not many are).
    Quote Originally Posted by KG1 View Post
    You are the expert in all things read about on the internet.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by seedubs1 View Post
    The "Murph" field watch? IIRC it's 42mm. That's a crazy large field watch. Looks like a dinner plate on most people's wrists. They should have kept it at 38-40mm.

Cool design though. Too bad I'm not big enough to pull off a 42mm field watch (not many are).
    Same size as the other Hamilton I just bought , fits my wrist perfectly. But different things for different people it's what generally makes the world interesting (except communist I hate communists )
    Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post
    Dude, from what I can tell from your photos, you don't do anything bargin bin.

User Info Menu

My old Citizen eco-drive finally died. Made it nearly 20 years and took all the abuse I could give it.

The wife was at Kohl's recently, shopping for things we don't really need, but with a wad of magical "Kohl's Cash" about to expire burning a hole in her purse. She sent me pics of a couple of eco-drives they had on clearance and asked if I liked them. I thought they were ok, but how much? Both were marked 80% off of some absurd price that nobody in the history shopping has ever paid. Then she had some coupons and of course, her Kohl's Cash. She ended getting both for $58...

Necessity is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ghuns View Post
    My old Citizen eco-drive finally died. Made it nearly 20 years and took all the abuse I could give it.

The wife was at Kohl's recently, shopping for things we don't really need, but with a wad of magical "Kohl's Cash" about to expire burning a hole in her purse. She sent me pics of a couple of eco-drives they had on clearance and asked if I liked them. I thought they were ok, but how much? Both were marked 80% off of some absurd price that nobody in the history shopping has ever paid. Then she had some coupons and of course, her Kohl's Cash. She ended getting both for $58...

WOW.....that looks like a great score ! .....and you're fortunate to have such a thoughtful wife.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bwframe View Post
    Nice looking safe queens ya'll got there. Mine's EDC...

Dang it, now I'm have trouble keeping this trusty old girl on my wrist. I broke a pin and had a local shop replace it. Their pin worked for a bit, but now keeps letting loose.

There seems to be some damage to the synthetic on end link of this "titanium" band. I also wonder if the shop used a pin that was on the too short side? New bands are $175.

Anyone have links to DYI watch repair sites, forums, etc?
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and I’m on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast