• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    I have recently done a shotgun build and I am looking for a way to store it in my bedroom so that it is easily accessible, but is locked. I was looking on-line and have seen a few, but I was thinking it might be possible to build something that would work. Maybe using an electric lock or possibly a mechanical one. Anyone have any ideas on this or seen any plans? Thanks in advance.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    There are variations of the "hidden in plain sight" furniture/decorations that people have used with great success - IF you have the wall space. Many of those things need a magnetic "key" to release the opening mechanism quickly.

I was just thinking last night about a wall mounted mechanical lock like d.kaufman posted. I need to research more. I want both sturdy security (two little kids in the house) with easy/quick access should I be fumbling or stumbling in the night.

chenowethpm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 12, 2019
    Indianapolis
    I just recently got one of those shelf’s with hidden storage that folds down when unlocked. It uses a rfid lock that you place a keycard over the lock and it automatically drops the lower half down. It’s pretty cool but only really locks out kids and people that don’t realize what it is.

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    I just recently got one of those shelf’s with hidden storage that folds down when unlocked. It uses a rfid lock that you place a keycard over the lock and it automatically drops the lower half down. It’s pretty cool but only really locks out kids and people that don’t realize what it is.

Which one did you get?

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Unfortunately that one won't work in my situation since I have a side shell holder it won't work in that one.
    I had this same issue so I went with a velcro side saddle. I also put some velcro on the safe to stick the shell holder to it.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    OK, I'm the dummy. What's up with Pinterest and Google images?

You used to be able to save images directly from Google Images. That stopped once they got into bed with Pintrest. Now, Google Images seems to be bumping up Pintrest in the search algorithm. Plus, Pintrest requires an account to see things. Also, it's just a whole lot of spam with copyrighted images and no real context or information.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Yep I do. For AR and shotgun. They make singles and ones that hold ans AR and a shotgun side by side.
    I used police trade-in 870 and AR15 cruiser gun rack locks from insode old police crown vics. You can find them on ebay. Also can easily change out the locking mechanism that holds the gun. So if uou have a full set for an 870 and find the locking solenoid for an AR you just undo the bolts and swap them. Wire splicing required to hook up a power supply but thats easy. You can run them on battery backups too incase loss of power but the keys work too.

I mounted them to certain locations inside my home with hidden switches. They use 12v power to operate and also have a key backup. Some use standard handcuff keys and others you find will take cut keys. You can also wire these to keypads and rfid or biometric scanners.
    They sell them premade and ready to mount in cars and on walls vertically and horizontally but i made my own and saved a lot of money.
    The one i have inside my vehicle is an actual vehicle safe with a keypad and rfid that pops open. I can store an AR and a 870 in it or one with a chest rig.

Even if discovered they are unable to be manipulated and loaded and fired. Like with kids or something. And installed properly thieves will need power tools and time to steal them. Anything can be stolen, thats why other things are in place.

Last edited:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    You used to be able to save images directly from Google Images. That stopped once they got into bed with Pintrest. Now, Google Images seems to be bumping up Pintrest in the search algorithm. Plus, Pintrest requires an account to see things. Also, it's just a whole lot of spam with copyrighted images and no real context or information.

Mostly a bored housewife’s ****ty craft show.

Top Bottom