• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    Wife and I are planning a beach Vacation .........wondering if there is anyone who uses or has used a good sling pack for Concealed Carry while on the Beach .
    Not wanting to draw too much attention with a " Tactical" look .( or does anyone pay that much attention while on vacation ) ..... Looking for something that blends just sitting in the Beach chairs and walking up and down the Beach .
    It would also carry my phone , camera , wallet , keys , etc .
    I suppose I could settle for a Beach or Hipster look if I had to :): .

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    For beaches, the best solution is to hire a sniper to cover you. Shop around for one with reasonable hourly rates.

Is that like a "man" purse?
    It's a European Man Bag.

If you have a holster with good retention, I would think any zippered backpack would suffice.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I carry an RMR G19 w/ X300U/A in a Vertx Commuter Sling pack, as a backup to my on body G19 w/RMR. The Vertx Commuter is an excellent way to carry a firearm in a less than stellar way. It’s also large enough for two spare G19 mags and 2 G18 “happy sticks” in the CCW compartment, and a full range of gear in the other areas. I carry a beefed up blowout kit with spare tq’s, spare z-fold guaze, Hyfin or Halo cheat seals, extra batteries, extra flashlight, charging cords, multi tool, spare pocket knife, knife sharpener, mini binos, Garmin 401, all kinds of stuff. Very comfortable, very well built, and “non-tacticool”.

https://shop.opticsplanet.com/vertx...mieDg8k6b8KULhnH1S-8srYlLLFQcM-4aAjmaEALw_wcB

I have the forest green with brown leather accented one.

Last edited:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Are you going out of state?? I am always worried about crossing state lines armed. I think we can cross to the state of Michigan without an issue.
    Just with your Indiana License, you are allowed to carry in somewhere about 22 different states, if you add FL, PA, or Utah, creds, you get even more states.

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I just use a holster with retention and throw the handgun/holster in it's own zippered compartment (nothing else in there with it) in my backpack. No special man purse needed.

If you really want to get fancy, sew some Velcro to the inside of the compartment and use peel and stick Velcro on your holster to keep your handgun oriented appropriately while it rides in your backpack.

cerebus85

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    i've carried the tactical tailor sling bag for a long time. It has a specific pocket for the gat and mags, has plenty of space without looking like a molle monkey with a bunch of patches. If you're going to the beach going to be active it has mesh backing and the sling is reversible depending on how you want to carry.

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    i've carried the tactical tailor sling bag for a long time. It has a specific pocket for the gat and mags, has plenty of space without looking like a molle monkey with a bunch of patches. If you're going to the beach going to be active it has mesh backing and the sling is reversible depending on how you want to carry.

That is a nice pack ......I have pounded the internet looking , So far , most have been nice , but too big for what I am wanting to accomplish and the look .
    This is a nice size and has quite a few good color selections , with great reviews too .........It is now at the top of my list .
    Thanks

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I love my Maxpedition bags. I have a few that get used for all kinds of stuff, including car bags that go where ever I do. I'm not sure they wouldn't look out of place on the beach though.

Even if you effectively "camo'd" your gun in a completely innocuous bag, I'd be concerned that the way the bag would be handled would indicate valuables. Unintentionally, having the bag "within arms reach" would indicate it was something worth stealing. The same could be said for the constant eyeing of the bag to confirm it's location.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    That is a nice pack ......I have pounded the internet looking , So far , most have been nice , but too big for what I am wanting to accomplish and the look .
    This is a nice size and has quite a few good color selections , with great reviews too .........It is now at the top of my list .
    Thanks
    Vertx has a sling pack smaller than the Commuter I carry, it’s called the Transit, and is considerably smaller than the commuter.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    For beaches, the best solution is to hire a sniper to cover you. Shop around for one with reasonable hourly rates.

It's a European Man Bag.

If you have a holster with good retention, I would think any zippered backpack would suffice.

Gecko45 would be my suggestion.

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    I love my Maxpedition bags. I have a few that get used for all kinds of stuff, including car bags that go where ever I do. I'm not sure they wouldn't look out of place on the beach though.

Even if you effectively "camo'd" your gun in a completely innocuous bag, I'd be concerned that the way the bag would be handled would indicate valuables. Unintentionally, having the bag "within arms reach" would indicate it was something worth stealing. The same could be said for the constant eyeing of the bag to confirm it's location.

I like the Maxpeditions also .....
    I have read quite often that a carry bag is a target .........Some suggested ( yes I am going to mention it ) a Fanny pack . ( wish it had a different name )
    Not sure I will go there .......If I do , it won`t be mentioned on here . :): I have already read " Man Purse " a few times .
    Not looking for a large bag ..........Just want to have it while lounging beach side , and the occasional walk down the beach ( 2-3 miles )

Vertx has a sling pack smaller than the Commuter I carry, it’s called the Transit, and is considerably smaller than the commuter.

That is a nice pack . I watched a YouTube on it . A little too large for my needs on the beach . But may consider it for back home use .

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Look, several here have given you very good suggestions for EXACTLY what you asked for. Since none have solved your problem, commission a nylon company to make EXACTLY what you want, OR, throw your stuff in your wife’s beach bag? It’s now come down to you know exactly what you want, but it doesn’t exist in reality, so, take the reins and have it built.

Top Bottom