• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I’m wanting to buy a lantern. Something for camping, and for emergency uses. I see that both Fenix and Streamlight have them. Both have USB rechargeable lanterns. It also looks like Streamlight has some that take AA batteries.

Quality wise, who makes the best product? Or are they pretty much equal?

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    IMHO it's ford vs. chevy. both are good products, I personally don't care for rechargeable I like to be able to just drop in a new battery of a common type. therefore most of my lights are AAA or AA, and Amazon deliver's a 48 pack every 6 months.

I've done some independent battery testing and right now Amazon is your best $$ per MaH, they track energizer exactly for less money and duracell are almost identical.

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    We have several of the Streamlight 3 C cell versions. Wow, those things are handy. You can get em on Amazon for about $35 each, they are small, easy to store, rugged as hell, put out a ton of light on the high setting, run for 12+ days on the low setting... man, these things are GOLD in a power outage, a camping trip, or just hanging in the backyard.

Here's an Amazon link to the ones we have: https://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-44931-Compact-Alkaline-Batteries/dp/B00DII7CTI

I like Fenix's EDC lights, but I've never owned any of their lanterns, so unfortunately I can't compare them.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    My Fenix UC35 has been excellent in every way. The quality is as good as any premium light I have held or used.

Fenix - Chinese owned, made in china
    Streamlight - US owned, Made in USA and China

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    We have several of the Streamlight 3 C cell versions. Wow, those things are handy. You can get em on Amazon for about $35 each, they are small, easy to store, rugged as hell, put out a ton of light on the high setting, run for 12+ days on the low setting... man, these things are GOLD in a power outage, a camping trip, or just hanging in the backyard.

Here's an Amazon link to the ones we have: https://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-44931-Compact-Alkaline-Batteries/dp/B00DII7CTI

I like Fenix's EDC lights, but I've never owned any of their lanterns, so unfortunately I can't compare them.

Ok I really like that lantern. I just ordered it.

I have a couple of the Fenix PD35’s. And a couple Streamlight Microstreams. But haven’t really had anything else by Streamlight to compare to Fenix.

Top Bottom