• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Hey INGO. Tonight my neighbor texted me because a dog was going nuts, barking in her front yard. I grabbed my pd35 and AR to check it out in case it was her dog and a coyote.

Anyway, with this experience I found that that hold the light and a rifle isn’t ideal. I also don’t really want to buy a new light and I don’t want this one permanently mounted to the rifle. I would like to move it from one rifle to another (m-lok) quickly but also be able to use it unmounted.

If I have to leave something small mounted to the light itself I could live with that. Does such a beast exist?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Saving money by not buying another light isn’t the way to go about it. Get a dedicated WML, and carry a handheld. Somethings need light, and not a gun barrel, other things may need light AND a gun barrel. A one size fits all solution that involves pointing a firearm is a bad decision.

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    I understand what you’re saying but this would really only be mounted for known varmint situations and not home defense. That’s a different weapon. Also the two ARs are kept in a secure it fast box model 47 mounted vertically. I love the box but it is fairly tight with just the rifles and I’d rather not make it tighter with a permanent attachment.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    If it’s a “known” situation, why bother with the light? PID in the dark is paramount? I guess I’m confused, so I will bow out.

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Either way, not important. I just want to know if anyone knows if such a mount exists. It would work well for what I want it to accomplish. But I can’t find one.

dieselmudder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 30, 2014
    United States
    Give me a bit to hunt up pictures, I made a quick change mount for a streamlight protac/polytac. And can switch it from one firearm to another, or use it for edc.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

dieselmudder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 30, 2014
    United States
    Okay, well in my setup the light holder stays fixed to the weapon. Which you could mitigate by attaching it to a kinetic rail section. But the light can be inserted, removed quickly for whatever reason.

It's a conglomeration of 2 light mounts available on Ebay. I'll link them once I find the links, and give a brief description of how I made it if you're interested.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
    20afa215bce7ac94debd7074b33910e8.jpg
    4ce06a396fcb234e806a42eed5ad15d7.jpg
    50c40cf018dfebcbfb96c16d1a7a537f.jpg

Top Bottom