• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Just got one in, this think is the ****! Still working on the programming, but it’s BRIGHT! Thin, not round, and clips in the pocket beautifully. It’s a multi-output 5/250/650 lumens respectively. The Max Vision Beam is going to take some getting used to, as it’s a wide short throw, but it is more than enough for urban EDC. Best of all it’s USB rechargeable! No more 123’s monthly. It has three easy to use switches, Main-Program-Tactical. The momentary on tactical switch gives all the lumens, but it can be programmed to strobe as well(if any use that feature). Runs just shy of two hours o high with a full charge. It has an LED “fuel gauge” so you’ll always know when to charge. The only complaints I have after 1 weeks’ use, the charge cable is about 3” long, and I wish the pocket clip were reversed. The clip orients the light in a beam up position, I would rather have beam down so as not to have to adjust grip on draw. OTOH if you’re only using momentary all the lumens, it’s ok. I’d just prefer a dual position clip, or the ability to field reverse it.

I’ll get some light output pics up when I find a suitable place to take them.
    B7291-F21-CD48-4-A32-AA18-5-A8-EC6-B5605-B.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

BD4-EE1-F8-66-CD-4490-AE1-C-6-C2-A7-E3-A8514.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

lester

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Greencastle
    Interesting. Thanks. I've been putting off getting some of these, mostly because I do not understand it. But that is my blockage.

You clearly seem to like it, but in your estimation, does this replace your current EDC already? Or just a new toy?

Thanks for the great post.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    It will replace my Tactician for Urban EDC where I don’t need a long throw necessarily. I’ll still have a longer throw light nearby though, or maybe I start EDCing with a sling bag everyday instead of every now and then when Antifa/protesters/whatever start to get sporty.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I really like the idea of the stiletto. My current edc is the tactician and a streamlight microstream for task purposes. I just don’t see how the stiletto can replace one of those lights.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I really like the idea of the stiletto. My current edc is the tactician and a streamlight microstream for task purposes. I just don’t see how the stiletto can replace one of those lights.
    If you don’t need to see something 100 yards away(Urban setting) the Stiletto At 650 is plenty bright to light up the area, it’s got the tactical momentary switch, and it can also be used as a task light. All in a smaller slimmer package, that’s USB rechargeable. It could technically replace both your carry lights, again if you don’t want a super long throw.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    There’s a 1000 lumen version out now (or at least in the works) as well. I’m really thinking about one of these.
    The Pro? As soon as it’s available at my distributor, I’m getting one too. I believe it is all aluminum, as mine is part polymer.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    The Pro? As soon as it’s available at my distributor, I’m getting one too. I believe it is all aluminum, as mine is part polymer.

Let me know what you think about the pro I am definitely interested in a 1000 lumen pocket light that is rechargable. I just wish surefire would put out more 18650 battery powered lights personally

Top Bottom