Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hoppe's No. 9

User Info Menu

Hoppe's No. 9

Was running low on on the old tried and true Hoppe's No. 9. Picked up a couple things from Wally world this morning. Last thing I grab before I head to check out was what looked like my usual Hoppe's. Turns out to be the synthetic version. Didn't notice until I get home to do some cleaning. So now I'm mad at myself for being a bone head and not reading the label. But then I think,well it looked exactly the same. So I used it anyway. I figured they wouldn't put out junk,right? Well first, it doesn't smell the same. But all that really matters is that it works. I had only run a couple rounds through my Gen3 G27 to test some ammo. So it wasn't a good test of the synthetic stuff because the Gen 3 barrels have always cleaned way easier than say the S&W M&P barrels I own. Does anyone have enough time using the synthetic to give a thumbs up? Or should I just put that under "read the label next time" and learn my lesson?

Expert

User Info Menu

I bought a bottle a few years ago, used it a few times, wasn't impressed and never tried it again. I may or may not have given it a fair trial.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the warning as I had no idea they have a new formula available. Its the smell that melts the goo. True story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

Plinker

User Info Menu

Thanks for posting, I'll have to make sure I check the label out next time I need some.

User Info Menu

I saw it last time I purchased some Hoppes. If I recall it was a good bit more expensive (?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein
    I am trying to turn every thread I involve myself in into a **** show.

User Info Menu

Seriously! There's plenty of room on the label. Why not call it Hoppe's #10 and change the color?
    Warning! Driver carries MORE than $20 in ammunition.

User Info Menu

Every time I open a bottle of Hoppe's #9, that smell takes me back to when I was a kid, watching my dad and my older brother clean the guns, and later, when I was old enough to clean my own guns.

I'm still mad that I can't find it in the glass bottles anymore.
    No matter how cynical you become, it's never enough to keep up.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKUSP View Post
    Seriously! There's plenty of room on the label. Why not call it Hoppe's #10 and change the color?

Same with Original Skittles. 2010 green Original Skittles were lime flavored. 2019 green "Original" Skittles are green apple. How can they still be "original" if the flavors changed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    I bought a bottle a few years ago, used it a few times, wasn't impressed and never tried it again. I may or may not have given it a fair trial.
    I'm going to put it to the test soon. The Wolf 9mm ammo is the dirtiest I have. A couple hundred rounds of that through my FNS 9 barrel should fun to clean.

User Info Menu

Found this. Part #904B. Not sure if itís the same. My original is part #904. Synthetic version is #904G.99B97584-4687-43A3-9B0B-C51FFCF938B1.jpg

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast