• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    What is everyone using for airport cases to fly firearms across the country? I need multiple cases for a hunting trip out west. I need rifle cases not handgun cases.
    Another ? I have is what, if any, concerns would there be with an airtight case and the effects on scopes as the plane ascends to cruising altitude?

My first thoughts are something like this
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rifle-Case...303082&hash=item4d52adca06:g:ad0AAOSw9GhYhL42

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Do not skimp on the cases. I once flew into LA with a case containing two rifles and a pistol. I thought it was a preety good case, but when I went to pick up my baggage, the case was smashed, and both rifles were half way sticking out of the case. I figured the pistol was lost for sure, but it wasn't. It felt REALLY WEIRD being at the airport with rifles sticking out of my gun case.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Pelican,Storm, or SKB.

I have several Pelicans and a couple smaller Storms, but lately been getting SKB cases, they've very solid and feel lighter than Pelicans.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I have a Pelican 1720 that I've barely used. I bought extra foam if I can find it. $150.

qnkav9.jpg

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Be aware of weight limitations, especially true for a four rifle case. Being overweight in both directions will incur enough fees to have bought a second Pelican case.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    If you have a Bass Pro close, go get their RedHead case. As far as I can tell they are made by Pelican. Mine is exactly like the one Alpo posted, and side by side I couldn't find a difference besides the giant Redhead logo. It was also about 1/2 the cost.

Top Bottom