• ...and so much more!
  • gmcnickle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2015
    United States
    This review is for https://patriotholsters.net/

I'll try and keep this as short as possible, and I apologize that I don't have photos available.

Early back in 2017 I ordered a pretty standard holster for my glock 22 from Patriot. The holster took 7 weeks to arrive, but it was decent. It was difficult to get my wallet out of my pants pocket, but I liked it well enough and thought they did a pretty good job. The order time was within their advertised window, so while I wasn't terribly pleased with how long it took, it wasnt unexpected.

I noticed on that first purchase that the company does not communicate well. If you don't reach out to them, you generally don't hear from them until right before your order ships. It wasn't a big deal for me then because I didn't really have any questions. It would have been nice if they had some sort of 'order status' page on their website, but they do not have this feature.

November of 2018 I picked up a new Sig and an xc-1b light for it and ordered a new holster from Patriot for this gun. It was the holiday season, so I fully expected the advertised 8 week delivery schedule. This time, everything went sideways. The usual lack of communications was there, but 8 weeks went by and no word, no holster. At 10 weeks I emailed and asked what was up, and was told that it would be another 2 weeks. The order took 16 weeks to arrive. This holster was a wreck. It sat much too high on the belt, making it uncomfortable to draw the weapon. The g-code paddle that was installed doesn't have much in the way of adjustability and I ended up having to replace the paddle with a blackhawk paddle in order to get the holster to ride correctly. The magazine holder I also ordered was unusable. No curve whatsoever, and the mounting caused the holder to stick out nearly three inches from my waist. I ended up having to replace the mountings and heat up the kydex to curve it before it could be useful. Unfortunately, reheating it messed up the retention, and I still don't have that right.

Patriot holsters reply to my email about this order? Complete silence.

The new (modified) holster works, but sticks out farther than I would like. Its pretty obvious that the company didn't do any real testing or 'design' of these holsters before selling them. I am a big fan of buying USA, and really, really wanted to like this company. I gave them every opportunity, but they won't be getting any more of my money.

I cannot recommend them.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Thanks for the information. I was thinking about picking up a holster from them, but based off of this info I don't think I'll waste my time or money.

Top Bottom