Any Experience with ETS clear Glock Magazines?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USAF10mm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2019
    Indianapolis
    I’ve only ever trusted Glock factory magazines, but I like the idea of identifying useful mags after a tactical reload. Has anyone used the ETS clear/translucent magazines for Glock before? Are they reliable or is factory still the best way to go?

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    Pretty sure there have been many threads on this. Most of them bill down to “why use others when factory mags are so cheap and reliable.” That being said, I have some of the 31 rounders and they have been good to me.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    There are plenty of places around the web trashing them. I have used them for competition shooting with good results in 17, 31 round varieties along with sizes for the G43.

Are they 100% reliable? Hard to say, as everything eventually fails, let alone all the other variables. I carry factory mags for self defense, but with some further testing would consider the ETS G43 12 round mags for on the belt backups to the TTI extended factory mag in the gun.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    I have had good results with the two I have but like bwframe I carry Glock mags for self defense.
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

dmazzio

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Danville
    My daughter is a competitive 3 Gunner and all she uses for her G34 are ETS mags, no problems. They seem to outlast the Glock mags she has used.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I have several 33 rounders.

The one I purchased full retail works well. Doesnt like the 33rd round, but OK. I usually stop at a nice round 30 anyway.

Got several from PSA when they returned my repaired upper as compensation. Those would jam up during firing and stop feeding, and I couldnt get above 18 rounds before they were too hard to load. . ETS even sent me new springs to make it right but those still didnt fix the problem. But I suspect those freebies were possibly counterfeit because they were stamped right, but they just were night and day from my first.

I'd say if the price is right, go for it, but only as a range toy.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I feel like I shot a comp with someone shooting these in a g43. From what I saw they were far from reliable lots of feed issues, one double fed lead to a round backwards in the chamber. Glock factory mags are the only glock mags I trust. ETS AR mags are notoriously bad, their polymer flexes and makes them swell. Lancer uses reinforced feed lips to make up for the flex in translucent polymers.

After watching ETS fail in that steel challenge they are a hard pass for me.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I know of one LEO (Federal Railroad) / SD trainer that carries them in his duty gun. He swears by the ones he has.

They've got to better than Magpul's mags, don't they?

Top Bottom