Your Favorite Aftermarket Glock Trigger?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trclark1525

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2019
    Goshen
    I've been considering replacing the stock trigger in my Gen 4 G17 with something aftermarket. The primary purpose of this Glock is a range gun. It won't be carried, it won't be a bedside gun, it will just be a range gun. I'm looking for something a little less "mushy" and lighter as well. Does anyone have experience with several aftermarket Glock triggers or has one that they particularly like?

I've had my eye on the Apex Trigger Kit which would run me about $130. I know there are quite a few options out on the market, but I was hoping to hear some firsthand recommendations from you guys.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I like Agency Arms triggers but I am kind of a snob.
    I am not crazy about that little blade on the Apex.
    The CMC looks promising but I'd hate to buy one and not like it as they are pricey unless on-sale / clearance.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    I picked up the apex trigger for the exact same gun for $100 at the NRA show this past weekend. Can’t wait to install it and try it. For $100 figured can’t go wrong.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I bought an APEX trigger at the NRAAM as well - got to meet Scott Folk himself and talk about the specifics of the trigger, drop safety, etc. He’s a good dude and cool people. Planning to install it in a Glock 19 Gen 4 Summer Special.

jstrahl

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Franklin
    A few weeks ago I installed the Zev flat-faced trigger in my Gen 4 G17. I bought the kit that includes a new striker spring and safety plunger and was about $160. Installation was extremely simple. You just remove 3 pins, pull the old trigger group out and drop the new one in. It is definitely a night and day difference from the stock trigger. Smoother, more crisp, and a bit lighter. The trigger safety also now sits flush in the shoe when depressed so it doesn't rub your finger like the stock one does. I highly recommend it and actually just placed an order yesterday for one for my Gen 5 G19.

dmazzio

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Danville
    Check out Moore Gunworks in Avon, just had them do a trigger job on my daughter's competition G34, they did a fantastic job and they are very reasonably priced, I would give them a call and get a quote. Probably not much more than a drop-in

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    Ghost 3.5lb Rocket trigger kit. It's not completely drop in, you'll have to file a bit but it's the best bang for your buck that you can get in my opinion.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I have tried many different triggers in my Glocks. Apex, Agency and others....now all I buy is Overwatch Precision TAC triggers. I think they are the best combination of form, function and price.

NOSLACK

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2015
    Indianapolis/FT Camp
    I'm not a huge Glock guy but I am looking to get back into them. I've been looking around at some of the premium glocks just for fun. I've gotten to sample the Zev and Agency Arms triggers. I really loved both. Completely transformed the feel. There was another Glock I looked at that had some sort of trigger in it that felt good too, but unfortunatelt the guy didn't know who did it.

Nepherael

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2019
    Mentone
    I managed to get a Zev adjustable for a decent price. First off, I dig it! However, the experience has been so-so

Here's the story:

Bought the trigger, installed it with no adjustments and went to the range. After a few rounds the trigger bar started skipping over the connector. The gun would not fire and the trigger would just constantly reset. Only way to disassemble at this point was to lock the slide and remove the striker or stick a small screwdriver in the hole in the back and force the connector to stay in place when pulling the trigger.

After doing some research online I found that, without admitting it directly, Zev had a batch of faulty connectors go out on A LOT of kits. This is definitely an issue many people have had. They have all this troubleshooting crap available and at the end of it all they say to call them and they will replace it

So I did, I called 'em up. Let me tell you I was worried. Many people online were saying the phones were never answered and they kept getting put off by the reps. However, when I called they answered fairly quickly and after a short conversation where I assured them that I had done the troubleshooting and explained the issue a few times they sent out a connector to me. Only took about 5 minutes.

The other issue I ran into was while adjusting the trigger the loctite on the set screws was locked in too tight for me to feel comfortable and a lighter was not helping. I felt like I was going to damage the trigger. I ended up using my heat gun and it popped the set screws loose. At which point I cleaned up most of the thread locker that was on it.

My current situation:

Trigger installed and adjusted to the point that there is no pretravel and minimal overtravel. I have installed one of the Ghost 3.5 lb connectors in place of the faulty Zev one because I haven't received the replacement yet.

The trigger feels awesome this way. It has a decent break after hardly any travel (just enough to disengage the trigger safety) and a quick reset.

Hopefully, when the Zev connector comes in, I will enjoy it even more but it is pretty slick.

Don't pay a ton for it though. I wouldn't ever pay the $250 MSRP they're trying to charge for it.

If I hadn't gotten the Zev I would gave gotten the Lone Wolf adjustable in blue and an overtravel adjusting trigger housing and the rest of the parts aftermarket and built one that way.

I feel like lowering the pull weight makes the trigger mushy but getting an adjustable trigger bar, housing, and MAYBE one of the million 3.5 connectors out there keeps the break but allows you to adjust out all of the travel. To me that is a better trigger. One with less pull distance and maybe a slightly reduced weight.

By the way, I'm very inexperienced but I did do a lot of research on this and messed around with my trigger quite a bit for competitions recently.

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    I'm a cheapskate, so I polished the internals to mirror shine with a Dremel and installed a Zev spring kit. Then, just for fun, I added the adjustable reset block. Finally, I drilled a hole in the plastic trigger and added a pin to limit pretravel, which is dangerous and can make the trigger junk if you do it wrong but I lucked out. I would recommend a polish, I did mine with the help of YouTube, and the spring kit, and see how that treats you. It's much cheaper and offers most of the improvements of an aftermarket trigger. I have hundreds of rounds through this gun in this configuration and other than adding a little loctite to the reset set screw it's been fantastic!

Top Bottom