• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I have both a Glock 23 and 27 that I would like to use one IWB holster for. I currently have a Crossbreed Supertuck and carry at 3 o'clock, but it uncomfortable at times. What holster is everyone using? I am 6'3 and 175lbs so I cant conceal a bulky holster well. Thanks!

SgtCarter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2019
    Bedord
    I always recommend having a custom one made. Mass produced holsters work well enough, but if you want something to fit perfectly you gotta go custom.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    As far as answering your question, EVERYONE uses something different. As far as 23/27, buy a good quality 23 holster, and put the 27 in it. The 26 and 27 have the same weak point IWB, they tend to “flop” out when used IWB with a holster built for them. They fit perfectly fine in 19/23 holsters, but gain the added benefit of the extra partial inch of holster that seems to keep their top heavy selves from “flopping”. Personally, I use Dale Fricke ArchAngel AIWB holsters, and HATE, HATE, HATE, the hybrid half leather/half Kydex holsters. YMMV, but the funny thing is, there is no 1 answer for everyone. Buy quality, buy for the 23, and your 27 will fit, but buy quality.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I sold all my holsters off and use a Sticky holster now. They are Amazing! Cheap too!

Gun doesn't move at all and super comfy.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I always recommend having a custom one made. Mass produced holsters work well enough, but if you want something to fit perfectly you gotta go custom.
    Oh, and, whatever. That is true with 911’s and BHP’s, but a 23/27 combo can use the same holster most everyday, everytime, just buy the 23 holster, and it will add support to the shorter 27.

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    As far as answering your question, EVERYONE uses something different. As far as 23/27, buy a good quality 23 holster, and put the 27 in it. The 26 and 27 have the same weak point IWB, they tend to “flop” out when used IWB with a holster built for them. They fit perfectly fine in 19/23 holsters, but gain the added benefit of the extra partial inch of holster that seems to keep their top heavy selves from “flopping”. Personally, I use Dale Fricke ArchAngel AIWB holsters, and HATE, HATE, HATE, the hybrid half leather/half Kydex holsters. YMMV, but the funny thing is, there is no 1 answer for everyone. Buy quality, buy for the 23, and your 27 will fit, but buy quality.

Thank you for the suggestion. I was worried about a 23 holster being more uncomfortable and was leaning towards a 27 holster.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Get the RCS eidolon or the phlster classic. The Eidolon is a little more adjustable but the classic is simple and effective. The above post about tipping is absolutely correct though. The longer holster will keep the gun concealed much better and the holsters I mentioned have both a wedge to tip the grip of the gun into the body and a claw to pull the bottom of the grip in. Been carrying a baby glock and a chopped down full size in an eidolon since they came out. I actually got the 19 size eidolon because it is open ended and I can put any 9/40 double stack glock in it including my super long slide 24.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    What is uncomfortable about the Crossbreed? Have you tried sliding it back to about 4 o'clock position or so? I'd try positions between 4 and 6 that are comfortable and that you can draw from.

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    What is uncomfortable about the Crossbreed? Have you tried sliding it back to about 4 o'clock position or so? I'd try positions between 4 and 6 that are comfortable and that you can draw from.

I have tried it there and it seems to help a little, but is still not the best. It does not fit my waist well at all. Possibly it is just the type of leather used, yet I also believe it is just slightly more bulky than what I actually need. Life has gotten in the way and a new holster as been on the back burner for a bit.

Top Bottom