• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    When shooting prone my elbows ache for days afterwards. I want to get some elbow pads but am not sure if I want something soft or with a hard cover. Is anyone using them and what kind do you like? I have no interest in any suggestiions for supplemental padding that is not wrapped around my elbow

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I have bone spurs on both elbows and get major swelling from the spur digging into my elbow bursa sack if I put too much pressure on the joint. I use the soft knee pads made for volleyball players.

I'm not diving on the ground elbows first when run and gunning, so I usually only wear one on my left (support) elbow. It's cheap, light-weight and low profile and just keeps my elbow from digging into the ground, rocks, etc.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    I’m using the US Army hard knee and elbow pads. $3 a pair at the 1500
    Great on concrete or stone/gravel. Easy to put on or take of and cheap too.
    Just put them on early (same can be said for rain gear). By the time you are hurting/bleeding(wet) the damage is done.

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    Might sound like a joke, but elbow pads made for paintball are pretty comfortable and stay in place better than other options. Plus they are breathable and durable. Colors are kind of all over the place, but you should be able to find them in black.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    When shooting prone my elbows ache for days afterwards. I want to get some elbow pads but am not sure if I want something soft or with a hard cover. Is anyone using them and what kind do you like? I have no interest in any suggestiions for supplemental padding that is not wrapped around my elbow

:wrongdoor:

Top Bottom