Join INGunOwners For Free

Thread: Elbow Pads

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

Elbow Pads

When shooting prone my elbows ache for days afterwards. I want to get some elbow pads but am not sure if I want something soft or with a hard cover. Is anyone using them and what kind do you like? I have no interest in any suggestiions for supplemental padding that is not wrapped around my elbow

User Info Menu

I have bone spurs on both elbows and get major swelling from the spur digging into my elbow bursa sack if I put too much pressure on the joint. I use the soft knee pads made for volleyball players.

I'm not diving on the ground elbows first when run and gunning, so I usually only wear one on my left (support) elbow. It's cheap, light-weight and low profile and just keeps my elbow from digging into the ground, rocks, etc.
    Spent a little time on the mountain. Spent a little time on the hill.

User Info Menu

Iím using the US Army hard knee and elbow pads. $3 a pair at the 1500
    Great on concrete or stone/gravel. Easy to put on or take of and cheap too.
    Just put them on early (same can be said for rain gear). By the time you are hurting/bleeding(wet) the damage is done.

User Info Menu

Might sound like a joke, but elbow pads made for paintball are pretty comfortable and stay in place better than other options. Plus they are breathable and durable. Colors are kind of all over the place, but you should be able to find them in black.

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

From Amazon a pair of Army knee and pair of elbow pads should be here tomorrow, less than $15 shipped.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Butch627 View Post
    From Amazon a pair of Army knee and pair of elbow pads should be here tomorrow, less than $15 shipped.
    Canít beat that, delivered. If they donít work out use them for skateboarding.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Butch627 View Post
    When shooting prone my elbows ache for days afterwards. I want to get some elbow pads but am not sure if I want something soft or with a hard cover. Is anyone using them and what kind do you like? I have no interest in any suggestiions for supplemental padding that is not wrapped around my elbow