• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • frydarinj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2019
    US
    So I'm looking at buying a s & w shield for everyday conceal carry. Was just wondering what everyone's favorite style/brand of holster was? Ps I've been looking at the alien shape shift system. Would seem to cover all the bases

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    I haven't tried that brand holster yet, but I'm more comfortable with easy to remove holsters.
    So a fellow Ingoer mentioned a brand called Vedder.
    Bought the IWB first and then a OWB holster as well from them.
    Super high quality materials and craftsmanship is A+

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Alien Gear sucks.

Single clip kydex holsters are pretty much interchangeable at this point, there's a billion people making them. Black Arch and Stealthgear are the Cadillacs of two clip IWB holsters.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Galco King Tuk hybrid IWB for me, and if I can't find one for what I am looking for, I will go with CrossBreed hybrid IWB if needed.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have a leather pancake holster from ETW for my Shield. I tried IWB but I like OWB much better.

I have a N82 IWB holster for a Shield that I would sell if you are interested in it. That's what I used until I went OWB.

My favorite style by far is the pancake OWB. A good leather one fits high and tight and is easily concealed. I have them from ETW, Tucker and Wright Leather Works. All really nice holsters.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I'll throw this in there also. Make sure you have a proper gun belt. The best holster is really handicapped by a plain old belt. Even the heavy duty leather belts.

Yes you'll pay more but they last so much longer. You really don't know what you're missing until you try one out. Beltman, 5.11, Daltech Force BioBelt (an INGO favorite) are all good belts.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'll throw this in there also. Make sure you have a proper gun belt. The best holster is really handicapped by a plain old belt. Even the heavy duty leather belts.

Yes you'll pay more but they last so much longer. You really don't know what you're missing until you try one out. Beltman, 5.11, Daltech Force BioBelt (an INGO favorite) are all good belts.

+1. I wear the Daltech Bull Belt. Works good.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Supertuck is my go to. SOOO comfy.

Avoid 5.11 at all costs. Shoddy finish. My 3 year old Dalech looks better today than my 5.11 looked 3 MONTHS in. The 5.11 scuffed super easy and I threw it away as soon as I got my Biobelt. I've owned more durable cheap discount store belts.

And the Biobelt can arrive 3 days after you order. They are custom made and made quickly in northern IN as I recall. I now own several.

Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Yeah. I'm very biased to the BioBelt but I figured I'd throw out some other names I've heard. My BioBelt is 6 years old and still looks great. It's the only belt I own.

frydarinj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2019
    US
    Supertuck is my go to. SOOO comfy.

Avoid 5.11 at all costs. Shoddy finish. My 3 year old Dalech looks better today than my 5.11 looked 3 MONTHS in. The 5.11 scuffed super easy and I threw it away as soon as I got my Biobelt. I've owned more durable cheap discount store belts.

And the Biobelt can arrive 3 days after you order. They are custom made and made quickly in northern IN as I recall. I now own several.
    I have a supertuck for a glock that I don't carry anymore. Wondering if it can be sent in and exchanged for a shield shell for it?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I have a supertuck for a glock that I don't carry anymore. Wondering if it can be sent in and exchanged for a shield shell for it?

They dont do exchanges like Aliengear does that I am aware of. Some really like AG, but I had one interaction with them that left a bad taste in my mouth.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yeah. I'm very biased to the BioBelt but I figured I'd throw out some other names I've heard. My BioBelt is 6 years old and still looks great. It's the only belt I own.

Agreed... love my biobelt.

Not that I am aware of, but go to crossbreedseconds.com and see if they have what you want, as they do some serious discounting there. I have purchased a couple from there and excellent pricing and no issues with either transaction.

Galco King Tuk is my go to holster, but if I can't get one for something for some reason, I go to crossbreedseconds.com

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    I really liked my supertuck until I bought a black arch. For IWB I won’t buy anything except black arch now. For owb I still prefer my pancake made by slow hand from INGO.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I have a leather pancake holster from ETW for my Shield. I tried IWB but I like OWB much better.

I have a N82 IWB holster for a Shield that I would sell if you are interested in it. That's what I used until I went OWB.

My favorite style by far is the pancake OWB. A good leather one fits high and tight and is easily concealed. I have them from ETW, Tucker and Wright Leather Works. All really nice holsters.

I'm the same. Love OWB leather pancake holsters, in the style of the Galco Combat Master, but I also like Kydex pancake holsters. As long is it keeps the gun snug to the body and preferably with a smooth or mostly smooth shell.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    2lzTp75.jpg

Milt Sparks , or 5-Shot Leather for me. By far and away the most comfortable hoksters I have ever used (though you pay for them) . My preferred belt is a Beltman

frydarinj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2019
    US
    I really liked my supertuck until I bought a black arch. For IWB I won’t buy anything except black arch now. For owb I still prefer my pancake made by slow hand from INGO.
    Looked at the black arch. Seem very well made and like that they can be customized with different colors

jimbob488

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    MERRILLVILLE INDIANA
    I really like the bravo concealment Bca with pancake wings. It’s not ridiculously expensive and it works. My second choice is the Mitch Rosen express line of holsters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom