• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I picked up a new thermal scanner to aid in my coyote obsession. It's compact and has a good picture.

2vkagck.jpg

The only thing missing is a laser range finder and it would be the perfect scanner.

frydarinj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2019
    US
    Nice! I night hunted with red lights for a couple years with no luck. Then I bought a sightmark photon and it's made a huge difference. Unfortunately I'm just scanning with the scope mounted to the tripod for now. A nv scanner is on my wishlist though

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I had night vision for scanning, and it wasn't very good. I would recommend thermal. Depending on where you live (the US covers a large area), I'd be happy to let you get behind my thermal so you can see the difference.

frydarinj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2019
    US
    I had night vision for scanning, and it wasn't very good. I would recommend thermal. Depending on where you live (the US covers a large area), I'd be happy to let you get behind my thermal so you can see the difference.
    I'm brookville Indiana area. Did hunt with a guy once who had thermal. It is amazing, but expensive lol. Appreciate the offer. Was just looking for something to do after deer season but I've become hooked on night time predator hunting!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I got to use my new scanner tonight and got a coyote. It worked exactly like I was hoping. All I need now is my new tripod.

frydarinj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2019
    US

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    That's what I started out with, but I got tired of them getting up and running away. I switched to 6.5 grendel and it drops them in their tracks. Out of the 20+, I've had one get up and go about 30 yards. I'm in the process of switching to 6.5 creedmoor since it shoots flatter than the grendel.

Top Bottom