• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Made an interesting pickup, a 1911 mag pouch made in 1922 at the Quartermaster Depot in Jeffersonville Indiana. Doing some Google work, they made a lot of stuff for the army there over the years, the inspection mark of HEK on the back stands for Henry E. Kelsey an inspector who had moved to Jeffersonville from Rock Island in 1921. Any local history INGO members know about the place, feel free to post up.

I included my oldest 1911 which went after Pancho Villa with the 1st cavalry New York Group, a national guard outfit.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oh yeah..The old Jeffersonville Quartermaster Depot started in the Civil War...It was a HUGE place when I was a kid and kind of run down..Some developers got a hold of it and it's some high end businesses now but isn't complete like it was when I was a kid...I MAY have some unissued leggings....I'll check...Neat piece of history...

Here it is during the 1937 flood...
    45_big.jpg

DSCN0227.JPG
    16515351275_5cd982d5d6_b.jpg

Here it is now.....
    5439078470_8432057d03_b.jpg

The largest Union Calvary corral was in front of the old Indiana State prison in Jeffersonville and the depot was about a half mile away...POW camp was close as well....

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Made an interesting pickup, a 1911 mag pouch made in 1922 at the Quartermaster Depot in Jeffersonville Indiana. Doing some Google work, they made a lot of stuff for the army there over the years, the inspection mark of HEK on the back stands for Henry E. Kelsey an inspector who had moved to Jeffersonville from Rock Island in 1921. Any local history INGO members know about the place, feel free to post up.

I included my oldest 1911 which went after Pancho Villa with the 1st cavalry New York Group, a national guard outfit.

That's nice!

Time for the "Wild Bunch" re-enactment?

Top Bottom