• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Most specifically and importantly, I'd like a single rifle case when I finally get around to taking my dad's Browning BL-22 to the range. It's a pretty tiny rifle. 36" OAL + being pretty skinny. I may eventually put an old school 4x scope on it so that'll increase the circumference a bit.

I think I'd prefer a soft-sided case in this instance.

Next up, I think I want a sneaky bag or two. 1 for a Scorpion (21" OAL when folded), and 1 for a 5.56 AR pistol (28.5" AOL when the brace is collapsed). I'd like there to be magazine storage in these bags, too. I don't mind taking the AR apart into halves to accomplish this task, either. Not ideal - but if it means I can get a super short bag - then I'll consider it.

So - suggestions?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Sneaky Bags ToT, or CRB for your "sneaky bags", and whatever you want for the other. Sneaky Bags also has a Spyder bag as well. Also on the sneaky side Grey Ghost Gear Apparation.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    For the BL-22, Boyt makes some very nice and well padded soft cases, Browning also offers some similar style that's well padded and made. I'm not sure what the shortest length they offer though so you might have some extra space for the BL22

JamesV

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 13, 2015
    The Region
    Check out midwayusa heavy duty tactical rifle bag. They have outside mag pouches and an additional zippered pocket.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I like the Sneaky Bags. They hold a lot more than you think they can. I can put my folded 700 and folded AR in the bag together and they fit fine if they're facing the opposite direction so the folded stocks are on opposite sides of the bag.

There is a divider that goes between the rifles that I removed for this photo...

IMG_4274-L.jpg

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    I've used some padded Gibson gig bags for guitars for rifles for decades..
    First off they came with several guitars we have & they all got real guitar cases now anyhow..
    They look good, have a great handle & carry strap, are fur padded very well & have a zippered storage pouch for additional goodies..
    They are made by TKL in Canada BTW..
    Only bad thing is they seem to cost $40+ now days..

https://www.bing.com/images/search?...dded+gig+bag&form=IGRE&first=1&cw=1129&ch=511

Last edited:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I've used some padded Gibson gig bags for guitars for rifles for decades..
    First off they came with several guitars we have & they all got real guitar cases now anyhow..
    They look good, have a great handle & carry strap, are fur padded very well & have a zippered storage pouch for additional goodies..
    They are made by TKL in Canada BTW..
    Only bad thing is they seem to cost $40+ now days..

https://www.bing.com/images/search?...dded+gig+bag&form=IGRE&first=1&cw=1129&ch=511
    These are ok if you’re a hipster in Seattle, or Nashville TN, but Castleton mall, or downtown Indy, not so much.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Thanks all! I'm still researching and Googling stuff.

No way that I can justify the cost of an actual Sneakbag brand case, though. :-(

Top Bottom