• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    For this gun: Mark 3 frame with Volquartsen barrel.
    Anyone have any suggestions besides what I've found?
    I don't see how the magzine release is long enough for the 1st and 3rd one here that I'm not showing?

$50 I like the looks of these big grips:Volquartsen Custom Volthane Target Grips, MKIII, Right-Handed
    OWWrBEj.png

$23 Hogue Rubber Grip w/Right Hand Thumb Rest,Black
    ka2FlJZ.jpg

$142 Volquartsen wood grips grey
    MZnofFz.jpg

Ruger Mark 3 gun frame with stock grips:
    jOBsQqp.png

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    My MKIV shoots better than I do with the stock grips. I can't imagine paying $140 for grips for ANYTHING. Just my :twocents:

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    My MKIV shoots better than I do with the stock grips. I can't imagine paying $140 for grips for ANYTHING. Just my :twocents:

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

I'm with you!
    I have bought grips just for functionality b/c I need bigger in the past, and usually they are the Hogue rubber type costing around $25.
    Only once have I bought just for looks and my own pleasure: $35.
    I have wanted to get some wood grips for a SW 5096 just for my pleasure but haven't yet since they are $80 or $130 (or more).

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Grips are an incredibly personal choice. Some grips are designed for specific shooting styles. None will increase the mechanical accuracy, but they can increase your ability to access that accuracy.

The Volquartsen Volthane grips are a great Goldilocks choice.

The Volquartsen Laminate grips are very large, but comfortable. Less of a Goldilocks grip and more of bullseye style grip.

I’ve not seen or tried the Hogues.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...I don't see how the magzine release is long enough for the 1st and 3rd one here that I'm not showing?

$50 I like the looks of these big grips:Volquartsen Custom Volthane Target Grips, MKIII, Right-Handed...

The Volquartsen listing says the Volthane grips come with an extended bolt release and an extended magazine release. Problem solved.

Top Bottom