Join INGunOwners For Free

User Info Menu

LED replacement heads/reflectors Surefire

Alright you lumen-heads, talk to me about LED replacement heads and/or reflectors for Surefire 6P/G2 lights. I have an older 6P on a rifle that definitely needs an upgrade, and a couple G2 lights as well.

Do do I need the whole head? A metal head on the G2s? Besides Malkoff, who makes good stuff? Clipping contact springs?

Im a flashlight nerd but once it starts getting into the electronics, I start going cross eyed.

Thanks!
    VIRTUS JUNXIT MORS NON SEPARABIT

User Info Menu

I have an original Surefire 660 weapon light that I bought used off eBay 14 years ago. About 6 years ago I switched the incandescent reflector out with a Cree single LED reflector. It was cheap and a 2 minute swap. Like this unit https://www.amazon.com/BESTSUN-Flash...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

It has lasted me thus far without issues.
    On the other side of fear lies freedom.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Denny347 View Post
    I have an original Surefire 660 weapon light that I bought used off eBay 14 years ago. About 6 years ago I switched the incandescent reflector out with a Cree single LED reflector. It was cheap and a 2 minute swap. Like this unit https://www.amazon.com/BESTSUN-Flash...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

It has lasted me thus far without issues.

Sweet, thanks Denny! Does 1000 lumens blow out your vision indoors?
    VIRTUS JUNXIT MORS NON SEPARABIT

User Info Menu

Nah, works well on dark room clearings.
    On the other side of fear lies freedom.

Jin

User Info Menu

Lots of people stick with Surefire due to the reliability. I would say that if you are purchasing SF due to that, then stick with the SF replacements

I’ve heard good things about Malkoff as an upgrade.

The off brand “upgrade” heads I’ve tried so far have advertised high outputs but deliver sub par performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

I have a Malkoff head on a Surefire Remington 870 unit that probably has close to 1k full-house rounds through it with zero issues. Better than original performance.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk