• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Opie Smith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2019
    Columbus
    Here is a quick post/video on my way to modify a Chicom Chestrig. Link to video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ofy-frwIcw&t=19s

The Chicom series of chestrigs are easy to find and inexpensive. This makes them ideal for picking up as a small project to make a simple fighting rig. Here are the changes i made to mine. (my specific version is the type 81)

- Depending on the whether you are using AR or AK mags, stuff rags in the bottom to push the mags higher. This is helps make the mags easy to grab. (You can also use magpuls or tape paracord to the bottom for an extra grab point)

- Use the appropriate adhesive or sew velcro squares to the bottoms of the flaps and outside of the pouches. This keeps you from needing the toggle closure while still giving you the option to use it.

- Size the appropriate plastic buckles to fasten the back closure. You can use tape to sure up the buckles so they don't slip. Buckles help fasten the rig without needing to tie a bow behind your back.

- With you choice of coating, water/weather proof the exterior of the rig to prevent the canvas and rags from soaking up moisture and adding weight.

These are the changes i made to my Chicom to make it into a more serviceable fighting rig.
    Thank you for reading this post.

If you are interested in more content watch for more posts or checkout Opie Smith on Instagram and Facebook or Grindstone Training on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube.

Top Bottom