• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Burchamj

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2019
    Bloomington
    Hey all. I'm looking at getting a light for my Glock 19. I'm looking at getting one of the InForce lights, but I'm not sure what to get. I know the compact has a lower output of only 200 lumen compared to I do believe 400 on the normal APL. I was just wondering what you guys use and what you would pick. Thanks for the input!

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    I cant talk about the inforce, but my tlr-7 is 500 lumen and i have never regretted the brighter light.

Makes a big difference in a dark house or outside having the brighter light compared to a 200 lumen mini flashlight.

Shred

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I like the TLR-7 too. But OP was asking specifically about INFORCE APL/APLc.

I have never found my APLc to be lacking for lumens. However, I have not really tried to illuminate things more than about 20' away. I have always opted for the APLc because I use it on carry guns and want a smaller light. However, for a HD gun, I would probably go with the APL. I don't think you can have too much light.

Also depends on the aesthetic you are looking for. APLc sits flush with the end of a G19. APL sticks out past muzzle.

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    Get a streamlight tlr7 I wish I would have. The aplc drains the battery in a week or less if you dont unscrew the bezel. Inforce has replaced it twice the new ones still drained the battery.

Burchamj

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2019
    Bloomington
    Thanks for all the input guys. I ended up getting a streamlight tlr7 but now I'm having a hard time finding a holster for it. Mainly my fault since I'm left handed. Hard to find those from those private kydex companies without a special order.

Top Bottom