Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chenowethpm View Post
    Just get her her own gun and then she won’t need to come find yours
    She has a night stand gun and a bump in the night ar pistol. The ars are getting put away, so technically I need to night stand gun solutions..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lonehoosier View Post
    That is only up to you to make the best decision for you and your family.
    I was seeing the car option in my future, but he is right. I need an actual secure option. Im not worried about theft ot anything like that, just little curious hands.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Usmccookie View Post
    I was seeing the car option in my future, but he is right. I need an actual secure option. Im not worried about theft ot anything like that, just little curious hands.
    The Stack On mentioned above is fine for keeping curious kids out and is easy enough for you to get into when needed with a 4 digit access code. It also comes with a key for manual use.

It's crap for keeping out a thief intent on getting it opened, but if that's not your primary concern then it's an inexpensive option.
    Well the sheriff couldn't catch me now, but his little girl? Sure wish she would.

User Info Menu

I to am looking. I have decided on a Fort Knox but not sure if I should get the top opening or the front opening.

Any thoughts?
    Outlier

User Info Menu

Call me crazy, but I am heavily invested in Gen3 Glock 19’s, my three year old knows they are “Daddy’s shooters”, but they are also laying about. My 3 YEAR OLD, knows not to touch “Daddy’s shooters”? THREE YEARS OLD, KNOWS NOT TO TOUCH? She asks about them a lot, when she does, I STOP, whatever I am doing, and ANSWER ALL of her questions. She “wishes” Santa will bring her her own shooter for her birthday. Don’t HIDE them, EDUCATE.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    Call me crazy, but I am heavily invested in Gen3 Glock 19’s, my three year old knows they are “Daddy’s shooters”, but they are also laying about. My 3 YEAR OLD, knows not to touch “Daddy’s shooters”? THREE YEARS OLD, KNOWS NOT TO TOUCH? She asks about them a lot, when she does, I STOP, whatever I am doing, and ANSWER ALL of her questions. She “wishes” Santa will bring her her own shooter for her birthday. Don’t HIDE them, EDUCATE.
    That's great.
    Not sure how old the OP's kid is though, you probably want to lock all guns away before they are old enough to understand that they shouldn't touch them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvain View Post
    That's great.
    Not sure how old the OP's kid is though, you probably want to lock all guns away before they are old enough to understand that they shouldn't touch them.
    I plan on it, I am comfortable with my 11 year old when she comes to visit. But the baby is 1 and a half... she is much too young to understand much but old enough to want to play with everything.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gregkl View Post
    I to am looking. I have decided on a Fort Knox but not sure if I should get the top opening or the front opening.

Any thoughts?
    I've also been wondering this. I think a side opener would be nice for getting a larger one. Ideally I'd find a deep top opener that I can fit a gun and a mag or 2 into. The when it opens, it moves the gun up into an easy to grap position, but I think I'm asking too much.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Usmccookie View Post
    I plan on it, I am comfortable with my 11 year old when she comes to visit. But the baby is 1 and a half... she is much too young to understand much but old enough to want to play with everything.
    Yep, you clearly want a safe at this age.

User Info Menu

When my daughter was younger and in the curious stage and to young to understand i used This(link below). Was able to keep 2 handguns in it if i wanted or just one on top shelf with a bunch of extra mags and a couple extra boxes of ammo on bottom shelf. Served its purpose well. Definitely not theft resistant however.

https://www.gunvault.com/product/multivault-standard/

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast