Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvain View Post
    That's great.
    Not sure how old the OP's kid is though, you probably want to lock all guns away before they are old enough to understand that they shouldn't touch them.
    Ive put the G19 in her hand, there would have to be another person, and the right circumstances, to all come together at the same tIme in order for her to actually pull the trigger? No safes, nothing other than a Vanguard or a Zach to cover the trigger? I cover the trigger even though I know she cannot actuate it on her own.

User Info Menu

I put mine on the bedroom closet shelf. I would rather take 8 steps than screw around with a safe in the middle of the night.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    I put mine on the bedroom closet shelf. I would rather take 8 steps than screw around with a safe in the middle of the night.
    I think the OP just wants a safe to keep the gun when he's not in bed or when he's not carrying the gun on his person.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    That's not a bad idea. I'm not sure that will be a good location for me but I won't know until I'm done with my master bedroom reno. We are taking two bedrooms and turning them into one with a large walk-in closet. I believe I would have to cross past the bedroom door to get to the closet. Expat, what are your thoughts on that?
    "If things seem under control, you are just not going fast enough"--Mario Andretti

Plinker

User Info Menu

https://vaulteksafe.com/vaultek-slider-series/

Vaultek slider series. A little salty, but has several access methods.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gregkl View Post
    I to am looking. I have decided on a Fort Knox but not sure if I should get the top opening or the front opening.

Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Usmccookie View Post
    I've also been wondering this. I think a side opener would be nice for getting a larger one. Ideally I'd find a deep top opener that I can fit a gun and a mag or 2 into. The when it opens, it moves the gun up into an easy to grap position, but I think I'm asking too much.
    It’s all comes down to location and if you are going to mount/bolt it down.

Jay/lonehoosier INGOer #14,649

Quote Originally Posted by eldirector View Post
    IF they concealed their contempt as well as they concealed their handgun, it would be a much more meaningful conversation.
    For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

User Info Menu

Put a good lock on your bedroom door and keep your door closed at night while your pistol is in your nightstand holster.

Thats one option.

Or buy a hornady RFID/biometric pistol and or rifle safe. I love all of mine. Also have a couple gun vault brand pistol safes with just digital push button code locks that looks like a hand on the top. Im not sure who makes them for hornady? The rifle ones are good for vehicles or under the bed. Or you can stand them up inside a closet. On all of them as soon as you use the rfid tag or enter the code or fingerprint, the doors fly open.

You can bolt all of the above down so they cant just be picked up and played with. The safariland holsters are awesome but you cant just leave a gun in one where a kid can get it. Kids WILL figure them out. You must lock up your guns with kids. Bedroom door locks work only of you use them. If you are gonna forget to close your door behind you if you get up in the middle of the night then dont go that route with the holster. Get a gun vault. But then again, why would you get up and not take your gun with you?
    CASH 4 GUITARS & AMPS. Fender & Gibson. PM me.
    NRA Patron Life Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gregkl View Post
    That's not a bad idea. I'm not sure that will be a good location for me but I won't know until I'm done with my master bedroom reno. We are taking two bedrooms and turning them into one with a large walk-in closet. I believe I would have to cross past the bedroom door to get to the closet. Expat, what are your thoughts on that?
    That sounds too far away.
    my other option would be if you have a large dresser or other piece of furniture that you could put it on top of. I have one of those wood and glass locking 6 gun cabinets on my side. If I had to worry about kids, I would feel okay putting a pistol on top of it. The wife’s dresser is big and heavy, mirror with flat top. I could lay a couple guns up there.

User Info Menu

Fort Knox Pistol Safe. Have been using one for a while now - went from a GunVault to it because the batteries kept dying out of nowhere. Great customer service from GunVault but after a couple of returns, I opted to go with a mechanical lock. YMMV.

User Info Menu

Great ideas and things to think about. I'll wait until I get the rooms done and see what I do for nightstands. I may be able to bolt a safe to the floor or under the nightstand if I build and install the floating ones we have in mind.

I'll need to figure out a way to make it stout so the safe doesn't pull it off the wall.

Or...I could build something hidden...
    "If things seem under control, you are just not going fast enough"--Mario Andretti

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast