Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

User Info Menu

Night stand gun storage solutions

So here's the skinny, baby is starting to grow up and I know before long she will be able to get into places we don't want her. Until now I have kept my carry/nightstand gun in my... nightstand. The wife does the same, until now.

What are some of the better options out there to secure a nightstand gun?

I am going to be looking at the personal safes at cabelas tomorrow. Is the biometric systems worth it? What brands or models/types of safes are you using.

Important to me is
    -security from little hands
    -quick and easy access
    -will be easy to grab gun. (my arthritis likes acting up at night)

User Info Menu

Fort Knox pistol safes

Fas1safe

Both of them use a Simplex lock mechanism, no electronics.

Also another option you can use is a Safariland level four holster screwed to the nightstand.
    Jay/lonehoosier INGOer #14,649

Quote Originally Posted by eldirector View Post
    IF they concealed their contempt as well as they concealed their handgun, it would be a much more meaningful conversation.
    For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lonehoosier View Post
    Fort Knox pistol safes

Fas1safe

Also another option you can use is a Safariland level four holster screwed to the nightstand.
    Holster screwed to the night stand.. interesting. I'll check this out, out of curiosity.

User Info Menu

Safariland has a three hole design on most of there holster so you can use different belt, leg or vest attachment while using their QLS “quick locking system” You can screw one part to the back of the nightstand or maybe to the inside of the nightstand door and the other part is attached to the holster.

Last edited by lonehoosier; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:46.

IF they concealed their contempt as well as they concealed their handgun, it would be a much more meaningful conversation.
    For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

User Info Menu

Safariland has a three hole design on most of there holster so you can use different belt, leg or vest attachment while using their QLS “quick locking system” You can screw one part to the back of the nightstand or maybe to the inside of the nightstand door and the other part is attached to the holster.

Holy crap that's nifty... I was looking at the fas1.. they are proud, but they also seem to be worth the money.

User Info Menu

I have two Fort Knox pistol safes and one Fas1 safe. I know they are expensive but you can’t go wrong with ether one of them.

User Info Menu

Just get her her own gun and then she won’t need to come find yours

User Info Menu

Fort Knox pistol safes

Fas1safe

That doesn't seem like a safe option to keep a young child from accessing a loaded gun.

If left unattended more than 10-20 seconds anyone could figure out how to draw the gun, including a curious child.

A retention holster only gives you a few seconds to react if you are wearing your gun on your hip, to prevent someone from getting to your gun.

The OP needs an actual safe.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvain View Post
    That doesn't seem like a safe option to keep a young child from accessing a loaded gun.

If left unattended more than 10-20 seconds anyone could figure out how to draw the gun, including a curious child.

A retention holster only gives you a few seconds to react if you are wearing your gun on your hip, to prevent someone from getting to your gun.

Even if it were a much more complicated locking mechanism, but the gun was still in sight, like a Hornady Rapid safe, that might entice the young and/or curious to come mess with it, where they would be less likely to if it was out of sight in a more standard safe.

I have a stack-on quick access safe, electronic, that i got for like $90 at walmart. Currently looking at the Fort Knox options so I can relegate the stack-on to much less serious safekeeping. After doing research on the flaws of electronic + back-up keyed entry, a heavy simplex box seems to be the way to go.
    If you are standing upright, do not worry if your shadow is crooked.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvain View Post

That is only up to you to make the best decision for you and your family.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast