Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Knee pads?

User Info Menu

Knee pads?

I'm going to a class and need to buy some knee pads, can you please suggest something I can buy locally that are decent?

User Info Menu

I would look at volleyball knee pads. Not a lot of money and they are plentiful.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Volleyball knee pads will certainly work. I prefer wearing a pair of "tactical" pants, such as those made by 5.11 that have interior pockets into which you can place foam pads. These remain in place all the time and do not constrict circulation.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by venenoindy View Post
    I'm going to a class and need to buy some knee pads, can you please suggest something I can buy locally that are decent?
    There are two Army Navy surplus stores on the Southeast side of Indy within a few miles of one another. Both have bins full of surplus knee pads.
    Well the sheriff couldn't catch me now, but his little girl? Sure wish she would.

User Info Menu

What kind of surface will your knees be meeting? If it's gravel or something similarly hard or abrasive, I would consider knee pads with a hard shell.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

User Info Menu

Crye pants ... or arcteryx knee pads.

You need to dress the part if you want to shoot good.
    Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.

Quote Originally Posted by GPIA7R View Post
    And if it could explode in the general direction of my mouth, that'd be even better.
    Quote Originally Posted by indiucky View Post
    But to be fair to me the cock was in the down position....

User Info Menu

Masonry knee pads from Home Depot or Lowe's. They are flat, so no rolling, and jelly filled for added comfort.

Have used them at carbine and general purpose rifle classes for a long time.
    The basics applied lead to expertise

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    What kind of surface will your knees be meeting? If it's gravel or something similarly hard or abrasive, I would consider knee pads with a hard shell.
    The range floor its gravel.

Lone Ranger

User Info Menu

What are your EDC knee pads?
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

User Info Menu

I've never used knee pads or wished I'd had them, but on gravel ranges I've wished I'd had elbow pads a few times.

Medium speed. Moderate drag.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast